Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Wife couldn't get the driverside rear door open and it made 3 beeps. After some careful inspection, I noticed that I couldn't open my fuel door and once opened, the fuel door plunger was pushed to the inside of the panel. I fished it out and noticed the rubber casing that kept it in place crumbled on one side. I was able to adjust it to keep it from slipping back into the panel for now, but I'm afraid it won't last long. I located what I thought would be the part number, (74380-TK8-A01), and checked with my local dealership. The agent argued with me that first I have the wrong part number because that is only for a 2015 LX or EX not an EXL and the proceeds to try to sell me the fuel door cable that extended from the front panel fuel pull handle to the fuel door. I explained the part and he smugly swore no such part exists on an Odyssey. Clearly, I'm giving him a part number but somehow I'm wrong. I walked out and thought I would ask the experts here before I order the wrong part. Can someone confirm please?

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,338 Posts
If anything, the fuel door sensor would not be on the LX/EX, as they don't have the power sliding doors (and thus a need for a sensor to check if the fuel door is open).

-Charlie

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an EX and it has power sliding doors. Replaced this part (same part number) a few weeks ago. I can't see why Honda would use a different part for the EX-L which just has upgraded trim features and moon roof. The part isn't terribly expensive. You can always order from Amazon and return it if it doesn't work out, but it probably will be fine.

·
Registered
14,552 Posts
LX models still have a sensor to keep the drivers side sliding door locked when the fuel filler door is open.
New to me, as a previous 2002 EX & 2003 LX owner is that the slider now unlocks once the fuel filler door is closed. (I think, maybe it just unlocks because I have the key in my pocket)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
LX models still have a sensor to keep the drivers side sliding door locked when the fuel filler door is open.
New to me, as a previous 2002 EX & 2003 LX owner is that the slider now unlocks once the fuel filler door is closed. (I think, maybe it just unlocks because I have the key in my pocket)
My Gen 3 EX-L unlocked when fuel door was closed. Point: it’s probably not the fob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts