Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my new Odyssey for a week as of today. I filled up the tank before a camping trip last Friday when the gauge was at about a quarter of a tank. I put 9.6 gallons into the tank. I have driven 320 miles since then (much of it highway driving) and my gas gauge is now at about 1/8th of a tank but my low fuel light has not yet turned on. Assuming good mileage of 25 mpg I should have burned 12.8 gallons. Assuming poorer mileage (20 mpg) I should have burned 16 gallons. Should my gas gauge really read that low, and when should I expect the low fuel light to go on? From reading other postings it appears that the low fuel light comes on at about 1/4 of a tank but my gauge is at or below 1/8th????? What are some other experiences of other Ody owners? Thanks!

------------------
'01 TW EX

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have my Ody EX for about 1300 miles. So far, I'm averaging 21 - 22 mpg. I use it for commuting so my experiences are very consistent from tank to tank. At 1/4 full, I can expect to put in between 11 and 12 gallons. hven't gone lower than 1/4 full so I don't know when the light comes on and how much fuel it will then take. JEFF

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Odyinid:
I have owned my new Odyssey for a week as of today. I filled up the tank before a camping trip last Friday when the gauge was at about a quarter of a tank. I put 9.6 gallons into the tank. I have driven 320 miles since then (much of it highway driving) and my gas gauge is now at about 1/8th of a tank but my low fuel light has not yet turned on. Assuming good mileage of 25 mpg I should have burned 12.8 gallons. Assuming poorer mileage (20 mpg) I should have burned 16 gallons. Should my gas gauge really read that low, and when should I expect the low fuel light to go on? From reading other postings it appears that the low fuel light comes on at about 1/4 of a tank but my gauge is at or below 1/8th????? What are some other experiences of other Ody owners? Thanks!

</font>

MY LOW FUEL LIGHT COME ON
AROUND
1/16TH

------------------
JERRY
01' SS EX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have had my LX for almost 2 years. Sometimes the light comes on at a little below 1/4 tank, sometimes it waits until closer to 1/8. I remember reading somewhere that the lighter the load, the sooner it comes on. I don't think I've ever put more that 16 gallons in at a time, even after driving with the light on for a while.

------------------
Tom3k, '00 GG LX

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Odyinid,

If my experience matches yours, your low fuel light came on this morning about 7:30

Seriously, mine seems to come on at about 1/8 (or a little less). It usually takes about 16 gallons to fill.

Mel

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The low fuel light came on today after 352 miles and with the fuel gauge at about 1/16, which is very similar to what many of you other fine people said. My wife put 15.6 gallons in the van at the 359 mile mark for an average of 23 mpg. I guess that isn't bad for driving it loaded down with kids, dogs and camping gear for about 280 of those miles! Thanks for all of your input!!! :)

------------------
'01 TW EX

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just filled up my first tank of gas after the light came on only filled 14 gal. 220 miles average 15.7 mpg.

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock
Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats
leather steerling wheel cover
Lojack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts