Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased full nose mask (bra) for the Ody. Instructions call for it to be removed and dried when ever it gets wet because, "it may (wet mask) cause the paint to cloud." Any one have experience with that happening? Live in Wisconsin.

As for dealer installed versus web purchased parts, I bought the mask, mudguards, locking wheel lugs, fender trim and cargo tray for under $350 with shipping from www.handa-accessories.com. Easy installation. Saved $400 over what dealer wanted.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome to the neighborhood! You seem like you will fit in, since you seem to have some confusion re bra and nose mask. If you use a bra as a nose mask, you will end up with your eyes covered and it will be dangerous to drive. Again, welcome, and pardon the lightness. If this forum is anything, it's gotta be fun. An overdose of grimness and stress (especially re automatic transmissions) could be fatal.....

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jerry O ......it's me again! I've just been cruzing through the board and came upon another one of your postings. Thanks for some more laughs!!! My husband came into the study to find out what I was laughing about!! I want to be notified when you go professional and which comedy club will you be appearing at?

Schnauzer

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mkeodyssey, I've used a nosemask on other cars as well as our ody and have always removed a wet bra from the car when I got home.

Don't know if it will cloud the paint, but years ago when I was thinking about trading my Integra (decided to keep it and have owned it for nearly 13 years now) the first thing the salesman did was look under the hood part of the bra and check the paint.

OBTW, my wife is from Mke and has a lot of family still there. We visit only in the spring/summer ;-)..

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can't really say whether this is a problem that would happen to the Odyssey (although, I suspect that it would), but I have seen clouding occur on cars that have repeatedly had their nose covered in wet masks.

The other thing I've encountered with nose masks is that if they are not super tight, they can actually flap up and down, ever-so-slightly, at speed, causing tiny scratches. The good news is that these scratches can usually be buffed out. I say usually because if there is dirt trapped under the mask, you will get scratches that are extremely difficult to remove.

My $0.02!

------------------
2002 GG EX-L RES
1996 BMW 328i Manual Sport Pack w/goodies

[This message has been edited by odylicious (edited 12-27-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts