Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
I am thinking about getting the full nose mask for my EX. The problem is that I am getting too much junks on the bumper on a long trip or driving at night. I am currently have the air deflector on there. Should I buy it or should I not? Please advise. Thanks, Robert

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think it's a good idea to have something to protect the bumper, but it looks so bad with that thing on and it's not cheap either.
I wish Honda rent these stuff so we can use it during the trip.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the nose mask comes in 2 pieces. You could use the bottom and not the top if you have an air deflector on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought a full mask for a Honda Civic a few yrs ago. The instructions said to apply a good paste wax before putting the mask on. I applied two coats of wax. Took the mask off a couple of weeks later to wash the car and the paint was clouded where the mask had been. I took the mask back to the dealer and got a refund. Over a period of three weeks the paint cleared up. So.., I would only suggest using the mask for trips, etc, or at least remove it often. Just my $.02.

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

[This message has been edited by my_2001ody (edited 05-31-2001).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have used a nose mask (bras) on our 1994 Isuzu Trooper for the past 7 years, but only for long trips and for short durations (1-2 weeks) in the winter. This is primarily to let the nose mask and paint dry out, especially when it has rained or snowed. Also beware that the underside of the nose mask needs to be cleaned to remove road grim, especially sand and salt during the winter. Lastly, also realize that any place that the nose mask rubs may exhibit wear marks. This is especially true with the elastic or bendable hooking mechanisms.

Our nose mask was the OEM version. It fit very nicely to all the vehicle's contours. If you decide to buy one, I would recommend Honda's even though it might be more expensive. Our current OEM nose mask has just now shown signs of tearing/ripping in the high-stress areas.

Good Luck!

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
254 Posts
i have the honda full nose mask but, i only use it on highway trips. so far, it works great and i do not think that i looks all that bad.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts