Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow. That is interesting. How long have you had the valve on the Accord?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't see why it void the warranty, especially if more and more manufacturers are jumping on board with this....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The manufacturer of the valve claims that the valve was approved by many car makers. I emailed them to see whether Honda is among them.

·
Banned
727 Posts
I'll keep the solid plug on mine. While I'm sure there is next to no chance of a leak with this valve, there is zero chance of a leak if the standard plug is installed and for the once a year the dealer has to wrench it off to change the oil, I'd say it is the safest bet. I don't do my own oil changes and this valve wouldn't save me any labour cost at the dealership as with the right tool (and on a hoist) the plug comes off in a simple turn. I'm sure other do it yourselfers will see it differently.

·
Administrator
14,523 Posts
Did you guys try looking at the prior discussions on the fumoto valve? Clearly, fumoto is not a new product and Honda did NOT change any warranty stipulations with the special 2011 model year so all prior discussions are relevant and almost everything in this thread was discussed more than a couple of times before (except the fitment part that is). ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
you need to use the adapter on the odyssey to get it to fit.

;)

Otherwise, I've had a fumoto on every vehicle I've owned for a while now.

makes doing oil changes a dream

·
Registered
933 Posts
Has anyone installed this yet? Looks like F-106 will fit. Does this void warranty or Honda care?

FUMOTO ENGINEERING

I have one installed on my Accord. Oil change is just a breeze.

Been using the Fumoto valve on a 2001 LX, and 2002 Toyota. Great.

Makes changing the oil much easier.

Also, used the valve on a 1980 Ford Bronco and 1992 Mercury Sable. No problems.

I think on the Honda Van, I had to use a adapter with the valve, so the oil drains kinda of slow. No big deal. Just use the extra time to fill the oil filter, and wipe up the engine bay and remove leaves.....

It's spring loaded, never had a leak, or had it open by accident.

If you change your own oil, it really nice. avoid having oil get on your fingers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Response from Fumoto

Thank you for your inquiry of April 7.

Unfortunately, the Valve is not available for 2011 Honda Odyssey because of new oil pan design.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Response from Fumoto

Thank you for your inquiry of April 7.

Unfortunately, the Valve is not available for 2011 Honda Odyssey because of new oil pan design.
I had one on my 2007. When I traded the van I removed it and put it on my 2007. When I traded the 2007 I removed it and planned to put it on my 2011 when I do my first oil change. I'm surprised the pan has been redesigned. :frown:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had one on my 2005. When I traded the van I removed it and put it on my 2007. When I traded the 2007 I removed it and planned to put it on my 2011 when I do my first oil change. I'm surprised the pan has been redesigned. :frown:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had one on my 2007. When I traded the van I removed it and put it on my 2007. When I traded the 2007 I removed it and planned to put it on my 2011 when I do my first oil change. I'm surprised the pan has been redesigned. :frown:
Well I just did my first oil and filter change and installed the valve plus the extension nipple. The oil pan has not been redesigned. The installation is identical to what I did on my 2005 and my 2007. Mechanically and physically nothing had changed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can someone tell me what this is? A photo would help. Thanks.

·
Administrator
14,523 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have had a an fumoto valve on my 2004 since new and i am closing in on 200k, even ran over a dead dear in the highway and no damage to the valve. Basically to damage the valve you would have pretty much shear off the oil pan in which case you got bigger issues.

With the valve- i can change the oil with no tools and i do not need to jack the van up. Well worth the investment.

·
Administrator
14,523 Posts
:D. I know that. :)

OP has the link to Fumoto Engineering website and that first page has a picture of the Fumoto Valve but yet, teamTMS over here wants pix so I helped him out with the link. :D

As to your 2007. I have been meaning to do this mod but due to laziness haven't ordered the parts. Did you run ADL-106 in your 2007 as well?

·
Registered
104 Posts
:D. I know that. :)

OP has the link to Fumoto Engineering website and that first page has a picture of the Fumoto Valve but yet, teamTMS over here wants pix so I helped him out with the link. :D

As to your 2007. I have been meaning to do this mod but due to laziness haven't ordered the parts. Did you run ADL-106 in your 2007 as well?
Yes I did.

·
Administrator
14,523 Posts
Yes I did.
Ok. Thanks. I will order the parts and be ready with them for my next OC. I hate how Honda has the drain hole. I always manage to get oil to splsh out on my drive way even though I have one of those big Oil Pan thingies.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts