Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally new here, but I've been lurking for awhile. I'm buying a 2003 Odyssey EX from my wife's brother. I want to add an always-on lighter socket wired to an always-on circuit in the fuse box using a fuse tap. I searched and found a thread where someone added two lighter sockets, one on either side of the existing one, but it wasn't clear what fuse to tap in the fusebox for an always-on circuit. Can anyone who knows, or with a fusebox wiring diagram tell me what the best fuse would be to tap for an always-on circuit for charging cell phones and whatnot?

I've already bought a factory service manual from eBay, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Many thanks,
-Mark

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Try the ACC Fuse #8 (7.5A) in the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ultimately tapped fuse #2 on the passenger side, which is the power seat fuse. I figured it gets used so rarely I won't have any power conflicts. It's working fine.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just remember that if you use a fuse tap you cannot remove it ever. It will spread the prongs apart that hold the fuse and if you remove it it will not hold the fuse in any more. If you are comfortable with soldering a better method is to solder your wire to the main constant power going to the fuse box or the ignition switch. Just make sure you put a fuse in line.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I used one of those "add-a-circuit" fuse things, where you plug the device into the location where an existing fuse was, and relocate that fuse into the lower position on the "add-a-circuit", and put a new fuse in the upper position of the "add-a-circuit" that feeds a new circuit off a pigtail wire.

I know what you mean though, you mean those fuse taps that wrap around a tab of the fuse, and yeah, they spread the fuseblock connectors. That's why I don't use those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts