Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

My Canadian 2019 Odyssey Touring levels at 15.7L/km, which is about 14 MPG.

I have a average load in the car, with family of three including myself and a heavy carseat, stroller.

Is this reasonable or should I be bringing the car to the dealership?

Car is currently on 6000xx KM and 1st oil change had been done with no obvious improvement

·
Registered
322 Posts
Highway, city?, ac, no ac? Hypermiling, driving habits?, red light drag race?

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry to be like a noob, lol, yea, mostly city, ac on, i don't have the green button on, no drag racing but do drive spiritedly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We have a 2019 Elite. My wife drives very short distances during the week and averages 14-15 mpg. On longer drives >20 minutes, we’ll see 17-18 mpg in the city. On the highway we get 27-30 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello friends,

My Canadian 2019 Odyssey Touring levels at 15.7L/km, which is about 14 MPG.

I have a average load in the car, with family of three including myself and a heavy carseat, stroller.

Is this reasonable or should I be bringing the car to the dealership?

Car is currently on 6000xx KM and 1st oil change had been done with no obvious improvement
Sounds like you are right on track. Take it on a trip at 80-90kph for about 100km and see if it improves...

·
Registered
70 Posts
You also didn't specify whether this was the dashboard readout, or your own hand calculations. Either way it sounds reasonable, esp. with a heavy foot. Our 2016 EX gets ~15mpg in "suburban-stay-at-home-mom" service, and ~28mpg on long trips.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have to say this is one of the discouraging aspects of getting a new van. My 2014 EXL Nav currently gets 17 local and upper 20’s hwy and low 20’s blended. My 2011 EXL got low 20’s local and routinely exceeded 30MPG highway. One trip we got 33MPG. It was incredible.

·
Registered
114 Posts
@caboy808, I am in the same boat as you are. I have the Econ mode on; light foot on gas most of the time; I do have side rail & cross bars. I was expecting better milage cause of the 10 speed but didn't do better than my 2009.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yes, i have chrome rail and other plastic accessories like visors and etc. But thats not supposed to be the case.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was surprised too at the actual around town economy. We have a lot of hills and on short trips up and down the hill to the store we can see songle digits, and thats all at 25-30mph.

Highway cruising with a big Yakima box up top we see high 20's easy.

18 Elite.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts