Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my girls apparently stepped in grease then put her feet on the back of the captain's chair. Any suggestions as to how to take it off? I'm afraid to touch it for fear of making it worse.

------------------
-'01 MB EX
-Honda cassette
-plenty of Scotchguard!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had good luck getting grease stains out of clothing with "krud kutter" (or is it crud cutter? - they spell it funny) I got from Sam's or Lowes, can't remember which. It is supposed to be safe on fabrics. I think it is mostly ammonia. Ammonia is a great grease cutter, so you may want to try some plain old ammonia in an out of the way place and see if it changes the color of the fabric before soaking a big patch on the back of the seat. I just remembered, I did get a big blotch of black grease off of our maroon fabric seats in our old van with the stuff, it worked great.

[This message has been edited by Curculio (edited 10-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Curculio (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just be sure to try whatever you use in some inconspicuous place first. You never know what a chemical will do. My favorite is called Lift Off #2, but, I'm sure any of the above will do the job.

Jerry O. 2001 GG LX

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the tips! I read all of the above and checked at Walmart tonight. Looking at the products on the shelf "Lifter 1" was the one that Jerry O had mentioned. I see now that I was wrong, but I think this might do the trick. I'll give it a try hopefully tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by twinmomma:
One of my girls apparently stepped in grease then put her feet on the back of the captain's chair. Any suggestions as to how to take it off?...</font>
We all get upset with our children but don't go too far! Amputation is not the answer!

<center>
</center>

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
Amputation is not the answer!

B]</font>

Hey now...don't knock it until you try it! No more greasy hand prints or foot prints in MY cars! Plus, my daughter fits in her box better now.

Oh...I'm sorry. I'm so tired, I'm starting to think I'm funny...

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts