Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 with 169,200 miles. Ten minutes into this morning's commute, I noticed that the tach, speedometer, odometer and gas gauge were not working (in the case of the speedometer, under-reporting the speed). 10 minutes later the CE light came on. When I stopped the car, turned off the ignition and then restarted, the gauges worked but the CE light is still on. Connection between these two events??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take anything on the spectrum between "spot on" to WAG!

I ask more out of curiosity becuase on its face, knowing what [little, I grant you] I know about cars, they seem very unconnected...

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Not sure offhand about the gas guage, but the other guages you mentioned are driven by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module, aka "the computer"), the same unit that traps codes and turns on the CEL.

That said, I don't see a logical connection between the failed guages and the CEL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have 99 ex 130k. recently the TCS, MIL and other lights come on briefly while driving, and sometimes the gauges drop momentarily to zero. Then all goes back to normal. Except once i had to restart car. There is a another thread here about ABS and other interior lights coming on and off: the conclusion (its a long thread!) is to replace the ignition switch and the green alternator plug (whatever that is). If anyone knows any more, please share. thanks much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the switch replaced 2 years ago, not through Honda. Was not aware of the safety issue at the time (if there was an issue at the time).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts