Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate to be the new guy and ask the question that gets the "Ever heard of searching" responses... I did search and just can't come up with anything, so maybe I'm just broken.

We just bought a '07 EX-L over the weekend that has been dealer-maintained, so it's in fantastic shape, but I'll be taking over from here on out. In our old Dodge, they had a maintenance schedule book that told you exactly what should be done at each mileage interval. I didn't notice anything like that for the Odyssey, so is there somewhere I can find it?

Looking for stuff like plugs, tranny filter, what they recommend for oil change interval, cabin filter, etc.

Also, I'm planning on going Synthetic on my fluids, so what weight should I use on the oil? I think 5w20 is recommended, but I've seen people mentioning 0w30, 5w30, etc. With regular Dino, I use the Mobil Clean 5000 and changed every 5,000 miles. What should my interval be with a good Synthetic like Amsoil, mobil, etc?

Also FWIW, the CarFax that came with the van makes no mention of the tranny ever being serviced and we're at 50k miles. Should I make this a priority?

Thanks in advance! We're only 4 days into our Odyssey ownership and couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd suggest you register at Honda's Ownerlink. You can have access to an your owners manual and find an explanation of Honda's Maintenance Minder used for your 07. The Maintenance Minder system determines when and what you need for preventive maintenace.

If you want to see discussions/debates about fixed schedule vs using the Maintenance Minder search for the terms maintenance AND minder.

I was able to link to the Maintenace Minder info at Honda Ownerlink. It's for my 08 but if you register your ody it will link to the 07.
http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Maintenance/maint_schedule.asp

Another reason to sign up at owners link is you can determine if the soft brake recall was completed on your ody.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks moxie! I registered and watched the video, so that clears things up a little bit. Looks like they got the recall done on mine, so that's good too.

I just ordered my Magnefine and an ATF cooler... Step 1 will be getting them installed and doing a 3x flush.

If I understand correctly, the general consensus is to put the new cooler after the stock one, right? The Magnefine should go after all the coolers before going back into the trans right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts