Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Just picked up a 2015 Honda Odyssey Touring and getting to know her.

I've added some accessories and I am now considering a liner for when the 3rd row is folded down. I have checked a number of threads which touch upon this topic but was unable to find a definitive answer. What I have learned is that the OEM folding liner offered by Honda does not seem to be very popular because it slides around and does not stay in place. I am just wondering if people have overall positive things to say about the Weathertec cargo liner. I also learned that the Weathertec liner does not extend as far forward as some folks would like. Despite that deficit, is the Weathertec liner worth getting? Does it stay in place? Does it do the job? I have OEM Honda rubber mats for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rows as well as the OEM Honda cargo tray. Greatly enjoying this forum already and looking forward to posting some more!

Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hey Rob, congrats on the new vehicle! We love ours - its really awesome to drive. I've seen the OEM one and yes, it seems like it might slide a bit but that's really not a huge deal since you'd likely be putting stuff on top of it anyways, right?

Guess it depends on what you are transporting.

For us, we got the cargo liner for the seat when it is not folded because that area where the seat goes into gets a lot dirt and debris just from regular use. BEST thing I have ever purchased for the van! I thought about the tray for when the seats are folded but honestly, if its something messy (eg Christmas tree), I just throw down an old blanket since its just temporary. No need for the fancy OEM tray in my opinion.

But would like to hear from others about this anyways.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Any other views on this. I am looking at same two options. When folded will the Honda mat fit under third row for storage?
The folding cargo mat can stow at the front or back of the 3rd row seat tray when not in use. The OEM cargo tray sits flush inside the tray and stays no matter if the 3rd row is up or down. When the seats are folded into the floor, you'll then use the folding cargo tray. It's really only useful once the 3rd row is folded flat.

I enjoy having them both but actually haven't needed the folding mat yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We're big fans of WeatherTech. We went with WeatherTech floor liners over the Honda all-weather mats. That said, I bought the folding cargo mat yesterday, specifically because it folds and can stay in the car even when the back seats are up. I think the WeatherTech mat has to be removed when the seats are up.

The complaints about the Honda mat sliding are valid. I was surprised by how much it moved around, despite having a Costco trip's worth of items on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts