Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post. I'm getting my new Red Rock Pearl EX NAV today. Can't wait! I got it from Saratoga Honda in NY. Paid MSRP with free delivery to MA.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks slocko.

If you're still looking, check out

http://www.cardinalhonda.com

They had an internet special on Odys at 2% below MSRP.

I also recievced a fax from another dealer that was doing the 02 RR EX-L NAV for $29,995. I don't have the fax with me, but I can look for it if you're interested. ETA was end of Sept.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well, I am VERY interested- that is the exact Ody I have been searching (and waiting) for! I am willing at this point to buy out of state I think and pay the shipping. The only thing is getting an out of state vehicle, I need to check with AAA to see what needs to be done to register in Ca. You can email me if you like...Thanks!

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ody,

I was under the impression that CA residents were prohibited from purchasing/leasing a new vehicle from another state unless it was manufactured for sale in CA and EPA certified.

?????

·
Registered
478 Posts
Homer-I have heard so much conflicting information on this issue, I really need to find out from my C.U. and the AAA what (if any) issues are involved. I know of at least one person who lives near me that bought his out of state with no problems at all...

------------------
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ody: The following is from the CA DMV web site:

"Individuals are prohibited from importing, purchasing, or leasing a new vehicle from another state, unless the vehicle was manufactured for sale in California, and the Environmental Protection Agency label certifies the vehicle has California smog equipment. California considers a new vehicle to be any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase."

For more information, please call DMV at (916) 657-7669..."

Here's the link:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/faq/osregfaq.htm#BM2561

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 02 Ody already has:

"the 2002 Odyssey is projected to maintain its best-in-class overall fuel economy as well as its 50-state LEV emissions rating"

Souce: http://hondafirst.com/Odyssey.htm

50-state LEV emissions rating, I assume this includes CA.
BTW MA has the same CA emission requirements.

·
Registered
478 Posts
See my new post on this subject.
The DMV info is a little misleading, better to contact the California Air Resources Board for more accurate and clear info. The person I spoke to there said that they were having a meeting with the DMV to clarify the issues and guidlines etc.
By the way, don't waste your time trying to speak to an actual person at the DMV

Check out this link to CARB:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/NonCAVeh/NonCAVeh.htm

------------------
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 09-20-2001).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW! Talk about tough.
Here it is:
As a California resident, you may register a new out-of-state vehicle certified to federal emission standards only if you:

„X obtain it as part of an inheritance or divorce settlement
„X purchase it to replace your California registered vehicle that was stolen while out-of-state; or
„X purchase it to replace your California registered vehicle that was destroyed or became inoperative beyond reasonable repair while out-of-state.

When you apply to register the vehicle, you must show proof - such as a court order, police report or repair invoice - that you qualify for an exception.

I thought Mass RMV was bad!!
The CA dealers must love this, they got You hostage & can charge you whatever they want!

·
Registered
24 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djronh1:
WOW! Talk about tough.
Here it is:
As a California resident, you may register a new out-of-state vehicle certified to federal emission standards only if you:

„X obtain it as part of an inheritance or divorce settlement
„X purchase it to replace your California registered vehicle that was stolen while out-of-state; or
„X purchase it to replace your California registered vehicle that was destroyed or became inoperative beyond reasonable repair while out-of-state.

When you apply to register the vehicle, you must show proof - such as a court order, police report or repair invoice - that you qualify for an exception.

I thought Mass RMV was bad!!
The CA dealers must love this, they got You hostage & can charge you whatever they want!
</font>
Not quite...
All Honda Odysseys ARE California certified and can be imported.
Read the following portion of the same regulations:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Check the Underhood Label For Certification Information:

To find out whether a car or truck is California certified, check the emission control label under the hood in the engine compartment. If the vehicle is "California certified," this label will state that the vehicle con-forms to California regulations or that it is legal for sale in California. If a vehicle is "federally certified," the label will state that the vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA regulations, but no mention will be made of meeting California requirements.</font>
I just checked my 2000 Odyssey EX under the hood -- it is California certified and Federal certified. In fact, new cars sold in NY, MA and other northeastern states must have "California" certification...

·
Registered
478 Posts
jimblock-you are correct! The key word in the quote from djronh1's post from the CARB site is "federal" emission standards-in which case you must meet the criteria listed.
If the vehicle is Cal. certified (50 state) then there should be no problem.
Thanks jimblock for checking on your Ody! I have no qualms about buying out of state if I can get the Ody I want sooner rather than later. Hopefully the dealer will help out a little on any shipping costs...

------------------
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi:

I have ordered a GG E RES from Saratoga Honda. How did you get them to deliver to MA, did they offer or was that part of the negotiation. Also did they throw anything else in? I ordered mine from Paul A. Delivery is expected in Nov. and I live in Westchester NY so it is about a three hour drive.

Thanks

Andy

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djronh1:
Hi all,

This is my first post. I'm getting my new Red Rock Pearl EX NAV today. Can't wait! I got it from Saratoga Honda in NY. Paid MSRP with free delivery to MA.
</font>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My saleman was Lindsay Karlin, and he offered the free delivery to MA (he had someone drive it to me). MSRP was the best that I could get. Being that the vehicle is in such high demand, with limited availabilty, I was lucky to get the one I wanted (color & options) so quick. I've seen messages posted about people having to wait 3-4 months. I sold my car on a Sat. & got my vehicle on Tues. I didn't have to order it, or anything. I lucked out.

------------------
2002 RR EX-L NAVI
JVC KD-SH99 CD/MP3
Kicker RS 6.2 & 5.2
Kicker Solo-Baric L7 12"
Rockford 600a4 & Punch 60

1 - 14 of 14 Posts