Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have recent good experince of getting the extended warranty in Toronto?
I haven't bought it with my Ody in July, but now I start to think this is a good idea. The van is 12,000-Km-old today.

A couple of questions to you.

The finance guy in my dealership told me today that as I bought the van 3 months ago, I do not qualify for the purchasing the extended warranty, but... surprise, surprise!.. he can make an exception for me
Do his claims have any grounds?

What does zero mean when you refer to 7/160/0 extended warranty? Are there any different kinds of extended warranty?

·
Registered
301 Posts
His claims are groundless. You might try shopping around different dealers for the warranty.
The 0 in 7/160/0 means zero deductable. Some plans have a $25 or $50 deductable per repair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also thinking about getting an extended warranty for my upcoming Odyssey EX 02 (I didn't include it in the purchase), after hearing about some of the minor problems for the 02 here and there. I called a Scarborough dealer (Formula Honda) and the business manager there believed that all dealerships in Toronto charge the same price:

5/100km/0 with road-side assistance: $747
6/160/0 with RA: $1319
7/160/0 with RA: $1539
Without RA: deduct $212

I think it's a good idea to get roadside assistance as well, since CAA charges far more than $212 for 5-7 years.

If you can find a price that is cheaper than the above, please let me know. It's OK to buy the extended warranty from any dealer in Toronto, within the first year/20km.

------------------
Ulysses
---
'02 RRP Ody EX expected, cargo tray and mud guards

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information. Will call other dealers today. By the way, my dealer promised to discount the price by $100 if I buy the package with road assistance (it was before they revealed that I do not qualify
). Otherwise prices were the same as mentioned above.

Did anybody hear about refundable extended warranty in Toronto area? Canodyssey got it in Edmonton, and a number of people reported about such deal in US.

[This message has been edited by DP (edited 10-25-2001).]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I contacted today most of Toronto and nearest area dealerships.

The results are the following:

- The cheapest quotes were: $1230 without RA, and $1439 with RA.

- Nobody ever heard (at least they say so) about refundable extended warranties.

- Everybody says deductible is $25, nobody willing to give $0.

- Some promised discounts if I purchase rust protection along with extended warranty. Everybody talks about Diamond-Kote package. Best qoute on that, before any discounts, is $699. Does anybody have any good or bad experience with that rust protection package?

·
Registered
8 Posts
DP, could you please either post in here or send me a personal email (at [email protected]) to let me know the specific dealer that can give $100 off the official price on the 7/160/0 warranty?

About the $25, I remember I have seen it on the official Honda Canada web site that there will be a $25 "nominal fee" for each service under the extended warranty. I guess that's the official policy of Honda Canada, not just some particular dealers.

About the rust protection package, I have seen it mentioned somewhere in one of the Odyclub forums that a price of $300 can be negotiated with the purchase of a new Ody. I personally can get it down to $450 (North Markham Honda), but not any further. It was listed as $599 in Richmond Hill Honda, and $695 in North Markham Honda. I have rejected the protection package when I buy the van.

------------------
Ulysses
---

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ulysses:
DP, could you please either post in here or send me a personal email (at [email protected]) to let me know the specific dealer that can give $100 off the official price on the 7/160/0 warranty?
</font>
Lowest prices I mentioned were from Lakeshore Honda (Etobicoke) - without RA, and Number 7 Honda (Woodbridge) - with RA.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
About the $25, I remember I have seen it on the official Honda Canada web site that there will be a $25 "nominal fee" for each service under the extended warranty. I guess that's the official policy of Honda Canada, not just some particular dealers.
</font>
So, that makes the Canadian extended warranty 7/160/25, not 7/160/0.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks DP! I was on the phone with Number 7 Honda, and it was $1439 with RA. I am planning to go ahead and purchase it.

------------------
Ulysses
---

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am considering purchasing the Honda Warranty too. I started to shop around, everyone told me that I do not qualify. ( I purchased my 2001EX five months ago.) They said the warranty must purchased with 60 days of my ody purchase. Is that true?

------------------
01 SS EX
98 BMW 528i

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try calling Honda Canada and see what they say. I think you have until the end of your original manufactures warranty (3 years), but I could be wrong

·
Registered
33 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CAMBONE:
Try calling Honda Canada and see what they say. I think you have until the end of your original manufactures warranty (3 years), but I could be wrong</font>
I just try that , a Honda care rep. told me that I have to purchase it within 60 days of my van purchase but he told me that I could talk to the dealer . The dealer may be able to get it approve. What a strange answer from Honda Care Rep.!!! Who is the boss? Dealer or Honda Canada....

[This message has been edited by winsonchan (edited 11-06-2001).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Question. Why not write Honda Canada and get an answer in writing. Then they have no choice but to give you a clear answer.

------------------
CAMBONE
01 EX MB

·
Registered
33 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CAMBONE:
Good Question. Why not write Honda Canada and get an answer in writing. Then they have no choice but to give you a clear answer.

</font>
Good idea!

------------------
01 SS EX
98 BMW 528i

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am also wondering about the Honda care warranty here in Canada. I am awaiting my '02 EX-L in February and would like to know what Honda Canada's response was. I've also been told by the dealer that I have to use Honda filtersor the warrenty is voided. Isn't there a law against that, or they have to provide the filters free...? Just wondering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts