Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats the best way to approach getting the best price? In the past everytime I say Ive gotten invoice prices off the internet they always show me there bogus invoice book with a completely different invoice. So whats the best way to haggle but not sound like an idiot?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Try dealing directly with the internet sales manager of the dealership, look for his email address on their website. I was able to get the invoice price without calling or first going to the dealership. As far as the actual invoice price, their price (and another dealer) so-called invoice price were exactly the same number, but strangely were exactly $100 more than what KBB and others had listed for the Touring invoice price. I didn't really question them, I wasn't going to sweat the $100.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can also use Zag through one of the vendors that offers it for free (CostCo, AMEX, USAA, etc...). That way you get no-haggle pricing up front without every having to talk to a car salesperson.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
There can be some variances between locations/regions and the exact timing a vehicle is built. As mentioned above...is usually not all that much of a difference. I usually call them up and say I'm looking to pay a few hundred over invoice and go from there.

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
So whats the best way to haggle but not sound like an idiot?
You go through the last month's worth of posts in the prices paid thread and see what others are paying around you and shoot for that price perhaps? That has been the whole point of having that thread for the last few years for each model year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Internet is exactly the way to get the lowest price. Though there are a few internet people that still wish to "play the game".
Here in Central PA, the largest Honda-Toyota dealership gave us his best price (which was close to 200 under invoice) the first time. We ended up trading our Ridgeline and he was 1600 better on trade than 3 other dealers. This was the first quote! That was good enough for us. It was a painless transaction. The best dealership we have ever used in our 41 years of marriage, and we buy a ton of cars! :>))

·
Banned
727 Posts
I would say being well informed on the invoice price of the van is a good start. Also, researching here what others have paid will help you get into the correct zone. As to getting the pricing in your marketplace, I'd look for a dealer with allot of stock of the trim level you are looking for and make them understand politely that you are looking for an invoice plus (or invoice minus) deal without haggling. If they see you are serious and have done your research, I think you will be able to get the price you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.