Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so psyched. I was on a waiting list for a Green EX and it was supposed to arrive at the end of March or early April.

Out of nowhere, the dealer calls me and tells me one arrived yesterday and the buyer pulled out so its available.

This is especially nice because we have a baby on the way to go with the other two and we were worried it would be a rough month with our tiny Subaru Wagon for the next month. Put 2 car seats in there, squeeze the ten year old into half the third one and you have one cramped ride!

Anyway, it looks like we'll close the deal tonight and it should be ready to pick up by Saturday or next Monday at the latest!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to put my car dealer scam protection armor on and get ready for battle!

[This message has been edited by mavraam (edited 02-27-2002).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woops! And with an 8 3/4 month pregnant wife, I definitely will NOT be getting IT tonight!

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mavraam:
Woops! And with an 8 3/4 month pregnant wife, I definitely will NOT be getting IT tonight!</font>
LOL!

Been there a few times.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PINODY:
getting it tonight! - tis reality that spurs dreams. , ... / ; or visa-versa?</font>
Maybe he's trying to qualify to attend the So. Cal. Ody meet

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on your new babies! The fact that we were expecting soon and already had a 4 y/o rugrat made our decision to buy an Ody easy. The safety record and the upgrades on the 2002 were unparalelled. We have no regrets and I suspect you will not either.

------------------
2002 EP EXL-RES
1996 Accord LX

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we saw it tonight! Its not prepped yet but we closed the deal. The only option I got was the mud flaps. I had read the rear ones could be a pain to install.

Final numbers:

Vehicle 27,190
(list, couldn't get it lower!)

mud flaps 169
(overpriced but I threw him a bone)

Trade In 12,750
(Wanted 14K but knew car was starting to show some problems so I thought I better take it)

Taxable 14,609
Sales Tax, License and BS 1,345

Final Financed Amount 15,954

We couldn't hammer out the financing details because the finance guy had left for the night. I'm finalizing and picking it up tomorow. He said we're looking at about 6% so I figure payments around $320.

I'm pretty happy with the deal all around. Not used to paying full list price but I checked around and there is no bargaining in this town.

Anyway, as far as the van goes, it looked beautiful. We had never seen a green one before, love the color. Can't wait to drive it home. We'll be adding an aftermarket VCR with roof mounted LCD for a little over $1,000 in about a month.

BTW, the stunning yellow S2000 in the showroom is going for $50 less than I paid for one over 2 years ago (mine was red) and $2,000 below list! Tough to sell a sports car these days I guess!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it! LOVE IT!

Got a great deal on the warranty too so I financed it in. They must be getting nailed by people buying aftermarket so they dropped the price to about $50 over invoice.

When we finally got home we realized my wife left the paperwork back at the dealership!

DOH!!!!!!!!

Oh, well, we'll pick it up from them tomorow. But we were in a bit of a panic for a while there!

Anyway, I'm going to read the manual now. This is definitely the biggest car manual I have ever seen!

I thought it must have been printed in two languages at first. You know, half english, half spanish or something. Didn't think you could possibly have that much to say about a car!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts