Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Getting my 2016 ready for winter.

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mikeylikesit5805 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, winter is about 2 months out for me (NE Ohio) and I had a few questions that I wanted to run by you.

1. Fluid Film - I want to fluid film the van to help protect from rust and corrosion. would fluid filming cancel my warranty? it's not permanent so don't think it would.

2. TPMS Sensors - I have a set of blizzaks on rims that will fit my van, they don't have TPMS Sensors in them, from what I have read on here I need to clone my current ones and have them put in the van. any recommendations on sensors?

The blizzaks I have are off my Chevy equinox that I sold. amazingly enough the bolt pattern is the same, and the tires are damn close. Rim offset is a bit different as well. Specs are below. do you think I'll have any problems?

Honda OE 235/65/17 Rim 5x120 7jx17 et50

BLIZZAKS 225/65/17 Rim 5x120 7jx17 et43

the only difference is blizzaks are slightly smaller and the offset is slightly off, will that cause any problems?

Thanks everyone

See less See more
#2 ·
The wheels will be pushed 'out' 7mm, which is perfectly fine. The center bore on the Chevy wheels is slightly larger than the Honda center bore, so you may get some wobble at high speeds. And yes, you should be able to get cloned sensors, though I don't have personal experience with that (don't live in a snowy area).

There is no way that fluid film will void your warranty.

-Charlie

#8 ·
Places like discount tire or maybe tire rack sells programable 'clone' TPMS. Discount Tire cloned mine and installed them on my winter wheels/tires. They work perfectly and I think they are about $30-40 each if I recall.

They really make a huge difference here in Colorado... feels like it has AWD ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.