Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2012 Exl (no res or navi) 8 days ago. Traded in a 2009 Sienna. The Honda is much nicer. At first I thought there was no compass in these cars but my best friend just bought an identical Exl today and his has a compass function which displays the heading with a red arrow in the upper left corner of the big color screen. How do I turn this function on in my van?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Odyclub.

Did you bother to read the owners manual?

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/K81212/K81212OM.pdf

See page 282. It tells you how to calibrate the compass.

:)
Honda did not bother to put "compass" in their owners manual index but I did read that section. I'm not having any luck with that. The zone adjust is on 00 and wil not let me change to any other zone. Also, if I activate the calibration mode the screen immediately exists calibration mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem on our 2011 when we first bought it, required a trip to the dealer and reconnect of a loose wire.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Tried all the above: set the zone, drove in a circle. The compass cardinal direction appeared briefly and then went back to the clock screen, with no background. Drove away got message: calibration will finish when you stop. I stopped: nothing. Shut off motor: nothing.

The issue is: how do you get the compass direction to display permanently? It only comes on briefly when you start up and when you press info and then hold down enter button.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Tried all the above: set the zone, drove in a circle. The compass cardinal direction appeared briefly and then went back to the clock screen, with no background. Drove away got message: calibration will finish when you stop. I stopped: nothing. Shut off motor: nothing.

The issue is: how do you get the compass direction to display permanently? It only comes on briefly when you start up and when you press info and then hold down enter button.
The compass heading will not display on the clock screen. It will only appear in the upper right corner of the trip computer screen, beside the clock time.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

The compass cardinal heading will not show on the clock screen. It will only display in the upper right corner of the trip computer screen, next to the clock time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts