Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I make sure to thoroughly clean the surface of the glass before adding/ applying any polish or protect ant. Using a clay bar can help remove those contaminants.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm pretty insane about a clear windshield myself. I use Magic Eraser first on the inside to get off all of that oily, foggy residue. Every square inch. Dry, and then clean with the Invisible Glass. I liked using newspaper also, but I found that if you do the Magic Eraser first, newspaper, microfiber or paper towels all finish it up pretty close to perfect, and it stays clean longer. Just make sure whatever you use is clean.

And on the outside, always a fresh coat of Rain-X.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1. Scrub the windshield with #0000 steelwool
2. Clean with InvisibleGlass
3. Apply RainX

·
Registered
245 Posts
I clean my interior glass at night parked under a street lamp. It's much easier to see the streaks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am in the invisible glass camp. Blue Shop towel, microfiber towel.
Omt...shaving cream will stop fogging. Try iy. It works. See utube.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Also finish your inside cleaning with only horizontal wipes & always vertical on the outside. You will see if any streaks are left and immediately know which side the streak is on.
And (outside) dry 0000 steel wool & your elbow will clean off water stains & dirt leaving you a slick easy to clean windshield next week. Finish with 2 coats of
rain x. Do the wipers too with rain x.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just this most recent time I did mine, I took the top sections of the handle off of my Swiffer and put a microfiber towel on in place of the Swiffer pad. Worked great for getting the front window polished on the inside.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts