Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currious to hear what anyone has to say with respect to playing DVD games on the entertainment system. A number of different dealers have mentioned to me that "you can even play games" on the DVD system. Is this possible? If so, what equipment would it require and how does it work? Not having ever had or even played anything like Playstation or Nintendo's Game Cube, I do not have a clue how - or even whether - this might work. Appreciate any "starters" advice.

·
1,484 Posts
I'm assuming they mean you can input your game consoles' audio/video cables into the entertainment systems auxiliary ports. Which allows you to 'view' and hear what's coming from your game console. I highly doubt you can play a disc game on the actual Honda DVD player.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, they just said "play" - which, of course, made no sense to me. So it would stand to reason that you are right and they meant that you could plug it into the console. I presume that means, then, that one needs to purchase and plug in a free-standing gaming system?

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LoneStar:
I presume that means, then, that one needs to purchase and plug in a free-standing gaming system?</font>
That and a power converter. Also, you mentioned needing "starter" advice? May I ask what plans you have for the Ody? Its always fun to hear what others are doing or want to do - especially the newbies! And I'm sure a lot of us here can give you feedback on what they did in their's.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LoneStar:
Currious to hear what anyone has to say with respect to playing DVD games on the entertainment system. </font>
Not a game console connoisuer but...
Only PS2 an Xbox are DVD based systems. PS1 is CD based, N64 is ROM based, and Game Cube uses a 3" CAV disk, based on the Matsushita Optical Disk format...

Anyhow, yeah, you pick the game system you want and plug it in. Of course, if the brick PS on the game system is ~12V single output, you could potentially run it off an accessory plug... in theory. Then again, you could always do DC-DC conversion, but I digress...

Good Luck!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shinjohn (edited 01-04-2002).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would that I could give everyone fodder for the imagination - but, frankly, I'm still clueless to even know where to begin. We are expecting to get a EXL with the DVD entertainment system soon - with the idea being a family roadtrip van. My oldest is only 6, so I'm not sure whether or not we will even invest in the gaming system. (Although, I'm leaning more that way than my wife does - she already razzes me for getting the leather and the DVD.) At the moment, I was just hoping to determine what would minimally be involved and you have helped clarify that already. And, of course, more than anything I just actually want to get the vehicle at this point!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
as long as there is rca cable ports with the factory entertainment system, you should be able to plug in a playstation or X box game system. all you will need is a power inverter so you can plug in the game system to the power port under the front storage compartment. i use a notebook 75w inverter for my playstation2.

------------------
2000 lx fern grey with mods

·
Registered
32 Posts
We've used our Playstation several times for long trips. However, I plugged the power converter into the power port in the rear cargo area in order to also reach the rca ports in the third row seat. The game console sat on the third row seat (or the floor below it), and I ran the control pad cord under the second row seat where my daughter sits. FYI I bought the converter at WalMart for around $25.

------------------
Erika
'02 SS Ody EXL-RES
'95 Honda Accord LX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts