Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 05 oddy touring edition. my first honda... was a toyota fan for a long time.

I am very interested in putting on a pair of 09 honda accord wheels.

I have search all over and have not found anyone to put these aggressive wheels which in my opinion look very nice.

the specs are 17x7.5 was looking to pair these wheels up with Michelin LTX M/S all season tires. My concern is of course both the wheels and the tires. will these wheels work? and will i have a sizing issue with the tires seeing they are 245/65R17
They are 29.7" in overall
diameter which according to college hills honda i may have an issue with. Has anyone installed tires larger then 28" and if so did you run into any issues?

Thanks for the help and looking forward to anyone assistance on this.]

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
READ the stickies and search. There are two DePax stickies and only about a million other depax threads.

Pay attention to the Accord's bolt pattern and Oddy's bolt pattern. If the bolt patterns are same, you should be able to use those wheels.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Offset is also important, not only bolt pattern, for any set of wheels. How far off center and in which direction do the wheels mate with the hub? Will the wheel/tire combo fit with clearance?
Do the tires clear and work for the load of the van?

It's clear to you that you lack sufficient wheel expertise to do this yourself, no offense intended, and I can't tell you the specs on that set. If Accord swaps were easy, I bet you could read about them here often. Interestingly, I never have, so I'm guessing that DV's bolt pattern hint is why.

To learn about terms like offset and bolt pattern, try the research at TireRack.com or 1010tires.com for starters.

A great tool: http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

·
Registered
372 Posts
neonslay said:

I am very interested in putting on a pair of 09 honda accord wheels.
The bolt pattern is different on the Accord. They won't work on an Odyssey.

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
100000+ Miles

I have a 2005 Odyssey Touring with over 105,000 miles on it and everything is still going strong. Planning to keep ours for some time. I can't believe how it still handles like a new car. Engine, Trans, Brakes, AC, Nav, Doors everything still works like new and I see no reason to sell, except I really like the 2011 Odyssey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts