Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife went to Ohio from NC on vacation with our 09 LX. I have read about poor fuel mileage on Gen III vans, and I personally only get between 18 and 20 mpg around town. She used 3 tanks of gas and on tank 1 got 25.4 mpg, tank 2 got 24.0, and tank 3 got 25.1. This was obviously not calculated by any on board trip computer as the LX doesn't have one. I told her about the 400 mile club some folks have posted about here. She was tickled that that she was in that rare group on all 3 tanks of gas.

I also wanted to thank this board for telling how to install a cabin air filter into the LX. It was a piece of cake and works like a dream.

One more item:
I have read about quality issues with the 2010 Ody's. I have to say that mine is screwed together extremely well with no rattles or any other indications of poor assembly. But I have noticed that the rear bumper cover is not the same shade of silver as the rest of the vehicle. I am wondering about going to the Honda place and complaining as it is visible. But I am worried that they might make a bigger mess of it than it already is.... Comments??

By the way, my Ody went over 10,000 miles during her trip and we have never had any mechanical issues of any sort.

Thanks,
Sredder

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
sredder said:
But I have noticed that the rear bumper cover is not the same shade of silver as the rest of the vehicle. I am wondering about going to the Honda place and complaining as it is visible. But I am worried that they might make a bigger mess of it than it already is.... Comments??
That is kind of common. The paint doesn't adhere to plastic the same way as the metal so the shades look a tad different more so on some colors than others. Even the two bumpers can look a bit different. My buddy has a 2007 silver and the shades are a notch different but the front and rear bumper are very close to each other. Same with me. My bumpers and the rest of the van are slightly different in shades. Pretty common with plastic bumpers with all makes. Toyota is the worst of all imho with matching issues between the bumper and the car.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Paint issue is very common with silver on all vehicles, but this particular shade seems to show it more than others. I've had mine repainted (due to damage) by a very good painter and it's no better or worse than from the factory. I've also had my mud-guards painted to match and you can see they're a little different as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Agreed on cap color match, particularly silver.

"Only 18 to 20" around town for a big hauler like an Ody is pretty good, IMHO. Substitute a porcine crossover like the Enclave or Acadia, for example, that people buy in place of the van that they really need and you would be begging for 18-20 mpg!
Plus, your wife did all that without the cylinder deactivation of the higher end models.
Don't believe all the hype here about 2010 quality. Fan forums are not great sources for objective survey results (about quality or cross-border lease driving, in fact).

·
Registered
524 Posts
Don't believe all the hype here about 2010 quality. Fan forums are not great sources for objective survey results (about quality or cross-border lease driving, in fact).
There is nothing that makes the above statement more valid than any other statement about quality or cross border lease driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back to You

Hello Again,

I appreciate all of the comments, especially about the paint match. You guys really helped me decide not to bother. The mismatch is noticeable, but it took me about a week after getting the Ody home before I started noticing it, so it is not that bad. I think I would rather put up with a slight mismatch than have the Honda place try to "match" it, and based on what you all said, that might not even solve the issue.

Our ODY is an LX which means that there is no cylinder deactivation on it. Only the weight of the foot controls MPG! My size 12 loves to get on it. This van is much quicker than my 2000 LX was and is much more entertaining. This morning I had to go to town (about 35 miles away and on the way back, a young lady in a Ford Focus (which had SVT badges on it) tried to take me off the light twice. I whipped her both times and I was laughing so hard I thought I would split. She was not too happy to have her butt handed to her by an old fart in a minivan!! When you are my age (60), you get your fun any way and any time you can!!!

Thanks Again,
Sredder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts