Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Odyssey EX, 2001 Odyssey LX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fiancé and I were in a collision with a big ol deer a couple weeks ago. I saw carparts.com had some good prices. Where do y’all get your parts?
Needing a bumper, hood, passenger headlight, core support, radiator, ac condenser, and some other misc items. Thanks In advanced.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Its an old car...I would just get replacement body parts from the junk yard. A pick-a-part place is great place if you have one in your area. It maybe old but its oem parts and will fit perfectly.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Unless there is something remarkable about your van, I'd say it's not worth it to try to repair. You can find used 2002-2004 accident-free Odysseys for like $2K. Might as well just buy another one than to spend time or money on repairing this kind of damage.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,533 Posts
Unless there is something remarkable about your van, I'd say it's not worth it to try to repair. You can find used 2002-2004 accident-free Odysseys for like $2K. Might as well just buy another one than to spend time or money on repairing this kind of damage.
At the same time, this generation of these vans are notorious for transmission issues, and at least with your own van you know how well it has been maintained versus a used van you buy.

Reactions: biggyfries

·
Registered
318 Posts
You're really gonna be at a loss finding red salvage parts, but a U pick is a great place to start. Be aware that I have never seen a junked Ody with a front bumper, so for new aftermarket, carpart.com (pricey) Rockauto.com (sometimes miss-list parts and make you pay return shipping) and Amazon are my go-to websites.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already got a van to replace the current one. I’m surprised at how well it faired. Only minimal damage

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're really gonna be at a loss finding red salvage parts, but a U pick is a great place to start. Be aware that I have never seen a junked Ody with a front bumper, so for new aftermarket, carpart.com (pricey) Rockauto.com (sometimes miss-list parts and make you pay return shipping) and Amazon are my go-to websites.
I will say I found a front bumper primed for $44. Main issue is a cheap radiator support. My local pnp has their front end weekends where is $20 a pop. I just can’t see letting a low mile excellent running rig die in a scrap yard

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I have ultra-sonic whistles mounted on my bumper. I have seen deer walk to the road- and then turn and walk away as I approached.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have ultra-sonic whistles mounted on my bumper. I have seen deer walk to the road- and then turn and walk away as I approached.
True story. Some 18 years ago. Going home late at night on Ohio Turnpike eastbound in right lane with my wife going 70-75 mph on mostly empty highway. I saw a blur in the EB passing lane. A large deer abruptly turned around before entering my lane. Had not my wife seen the whole thing, I would not have believed my eyes. Had that deer continued, I would have hit it in that Caravan Sport with down sloping hood. I thanked the Lord many times after that night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts