Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty picky about my vehicles, and do nearly everything myself, but after buying a used '06 and needing warranty work and a recall, I can say that this dealer does it right. Both times I had some questions and they had a tech- not a office flunky - get in van and made sure they understood my concerns. They did the work on time, called me and were professional. When I thought that the brake master cylinder recall had left air in my lines, they bled them more and the tech came out to ride with me, without me asking, they just saw me driving around the lot and summoned him! We took a ride and he gave me more information and was helpful.

Based on my experiences, I would recommend this dealer in Houston. I went to the S. 610 location.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Realized I did not name the dealer - DOH! Russel and Smith on 610 by stella link.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Russel and Smith is the best Honda Dealership in Southeast TX! Love 'em!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Russel and Smith is a bit out of my way. I've been dealing with Goodson Spring Branch for 11 yrs now, mostly parts. My experience with service has been mixed. They will try and screw you unless you yell at them and tell them you are an engineer and understand every page of the service manual. For that reason, I do almost all of my own maintenance and buy a lot of parts there. What I don't understand is how they think they can charge +20% over list price for parts. I called (yelled) at them about this a few years ago and they said they would set up an account with 20% off of list price for me. Just today though, I got that same +20% quote on an inner tie rod (and its always from the same parts guy) until I told them to look up my account. Please see my post today "Dealer Parts Markup". I would like to know others experience when buying parts at the dealer.

Todd K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts