Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
BenjiBoy168 said:
You wanna see rotting, Grace Honda has had a Touring on the lot for more than a month.
That Touring is no longer rotting on Grace Honda lot. I got it today, at invoice. I was planning to get an EX-L R&N but can't afford to wait any longer. So far, I enjoyed the memory seat and the power liftgate on the Touring.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You should check out Mike Harvey Honda in Burlingame. I visited them about a month and a half ago and told them I was wanted to pay 2k under MSRP for one of their two 38k Touring 's with DVD + Nav (still allowing them 2k over invoice, ie 2k profit) and while they wouldn't do that, they definately wanted me to start bargaining with them because it was really slow at that time. The end of the month (and year) is coming up-why not try them?

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
BenjiBoy168 said:
This guy claims he has four Ody's in stock and below MSRP. Check it out

http://www.craigslist.org/nby/car/53422646.html
Based on the very limited information that he offers, it's hard to say whether these are good deals. For instance, he offers an EX-L with RES for $31,488, about $400 under base MSRP ($31,895). He doesn't say whether his price includes destination; if it does, it sweetens the deal by another $515, which isn't bad. But if his price doesn't include destination, well, it's so-so at best, I'd say. Then you have to take into account that you're dealing with a faceless entity whose trustworthiness is anyone's guess. Who does he work for? Why is he selling Odysseys over Craig's List? Without more information, this is at best only an option to pursue further.

·
Registered
2 Posts
umfan866 said:
You should check out Mike Harvey Honda in Burlingame. I visited them about a month and a half ago and told them I was wanted to pay 2k under MSRP for one of their two 38k Touring 's with DVD + Nav (still allowing them 2k over invoice, ie 2k profit) and while they wouldn't do that, they definately wanted me to start bargaining with them because it was really slow at that time. The end of the month (and year) is coming up-why not try them?
why would they sell it for 2k under if others will pay above msrp ?lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
MHM said:
Don't be so quick to poke fun at what you think is not possible. Sometimes, deadlines, a person's mood, the stars, and a bunch of other things come together to make stuff happen.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We recently bought an 05 LX from Mike Harvey Honda in Burlingame. Due to the help of this board in providing information through other people's experiences, we were able to negotiate a very good deal, especially considering that it is the Bay Area. No other Bay Area dealer would go near the price we got, not even the biggest dealership in the area. Our van is still to be delivered (got the VIN #) and we hope to pick it up this week sometime. If anyone wants to know more details and the person to contact, they can PM me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I exchanged emails with the Craigslist poster, he confirmed that he had some models in stock but no EXL with RES/NAVI.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mike Harvey Honda in Burlingame has a Sage EX-L w/ DVD (no NAV) that's been on the lot for 1-2 weeks, as well as a demonstrator EX + NAV + RES (no leather) that they can't sell till May or June. Other models are coming in two weeks. Our van (great price) is ready for pickup in the next day or two.

If anyone wants to contact the sales manager Gene with whom we had a positive experience there, contact [email protected]
mikeharveyhonda.com and say Marvin referred you, or PM me for his cell number. He is one of the senior managers and treated us great--very calm, patient person.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
MHM said:
Obviously,by your other post in the regional forums,you're a dealer. Have you asked permission from Jim for advertising ? If not,please no more dealer posts until further notice from Jim or you'll have to be banned from here.
Thanks

ADVERTISING RULES

·
Registered
10 Posts
Believe or not but I actually had a great deal from a dealer in Walnut Creek. Contact was via email and finally met him when I went in to pick-up the car, nice & pleasant guy (not that typical car salesman type). Great to work with and would highly recommend. If you are still interested, let me know. This guys was NO HASSLE, and I dealt with many "internet managers" during my search for my perfect 2005 Ody, Ocean Mist EX-L RES/NAV.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I saw Honda of El Cerrito advertising for $25,888 for the EX.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts