Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and upgraded from a 2008 EX to a 2011 EX-L Odyssey & so far really like the 2011.

Need to get new floor mats (old van had a full set of WeatherTech) & have been thinking about also going with the fog lights as we have lots of snow & blowing snow.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Like swapping Jessica Alba for Rosie O'Donnell

·
Registered
63 Posts
A deserter of the past generation! Just busting your chops. Honestly, I think it was an update that's worth it. Congratulations on your new ride. Maybe you could share your first-hand experience with the new Ody and how it stacks up against your former ride, the likes and dislikes.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Went and upgraded from a 2008 EX to a 2011 EX-L Odyssey & so far really like the 2011.

Need to get new floor mats (old van had a full set of WeatherTech) & have been thinking about also going with the fog lights as we have lots of snow & blowing snow.
Congratulations. +1 for the Fog Lights.

WeatherTech is only making the front row right now if I remember correctly.

Honda did a better job on their all weather mats this round, but still not WeatherTech grade. Fit is very good. They're black, so immediately showing some serious dirt.

The Honda fold-up cargo liner I think is good, as you can fold it up so don't have to take it out of the van. At first I thought you could raise the seats and the cargo liner would just fold with the seats. Not so. Some have said it moves around too much, have not experienced this yet, and will do a velcro strip or two if that happens.

The cargo floor on the 2011 is not flat though. Am a little shocked that this has not been discussed more as it is very disconcerting to me. No such problem in Gen3... sure it had it's humps at the hinges, but the 2011 boot is a width-wide wave. That said, a WeatherTech cargo liner may never cut it, as the Honda fold up one can follow the contours along it's fold lines.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe you could share your first-hand experience with the new Ody and how it stacks up against your former ride, the likes and dislikes.
Good idea, we have almost 650 miles on it now & am starting to get a feel for her :cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Hey, Like my good friend used to tell me....at closing time.....He had 2 Quotes...

1. Big Girls need love too.

2. Ugly girls need love too.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hell, by the time closing time came around I never saw an ugly girl.:DD
That's because they had all left in Wild Willy's 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L. He can comfortably fit 7 of them in there!

:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's because they had all left in Wild Willy's 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L. He can comfortably fit 7 of them in there!

:D
Wild Willy gets 9 mpg because of all the big girls in his Oddy.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Just to let you know, we had OEM all weather floor mats in our 05 ody, and in curiosity, ive taken them out of 05 ody and put them in our 11 ody at the dealership. The trunk, third row, and the second row fit perfectly. The front mats were a little shorter in width, so i just cut the middle portion to separate the mat to make it fit in there. So that's how i've saved few bucks :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts