Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to call American Honda to see if I can get any goodwill towards the rear motor mount. Has anybody had any luck doing that? any key words to bring up?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Everything depends on the vehicles age, mileage, and etc. Maybe it will help all of us to answer your question better if you can provide those information for us :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
how do you know the motor mount's bad? Symptoms?

I've got a shake/shimmy around 65MPH. Other than that it's smooth.

·
Administrator
14,523 Posts
bones774 said:
2006 model with 106k miles.
Good luck. You're going to need it real bad.

If I may ask, why do you think Honda should pay for this when you have over 100K miles? Please don't take this the wrong way but any car is going to need repairs so why shoot for goodwill when you already got 100K miles on it if you bought new. If you bought used, well, repairs come with the teritory with age of the vehicle.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dvpatel said:
Good luck. You're going to need it real bad.

If I may ask, why do you think Honda should pay for this when you have over 100K miles? Please don't take this the wrong way but any car is going to need repairs so why shoot for goodwill when you already got 100K miles on it if you bought new. If you bought used, well, repairs come with the teritory with age of the vehicle.
Because Honda is aware that this is a faulty design, they issued a TSB pretty quick after the introduction of the car. This part did not break at or after 100k, it probably broke while still under warranty but I didn't take it to dealer until my timing belt service. Yes, normal maintenance or breakage I can accept but faulty design should be covered under Honda care. They acknowledge the problem and should stand by product and not say "well, you brought it into service too late, ToughS---t."

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
A TSB doesn't necessarily mean the part is bad. A TSB is to alert their service people of the conditions that show up if it goes bad to allow faster diagnosis of the problem.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
William Wiles said:
A TSB doesn't necessarily mean the part is bad. A TSB is to alert their service people of the conditions that show up if it goes bad to allow faster diagnosis of the problem.
I understand what you say, but why does it exist for certain parts/problem areas to begin with? Because they have
higher rates of failure or inherent design flaws?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good luck. I was out of warranty and had to pay full price!!! No goodwill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had ours in for scheduled maintenance, and the dealer diagnosed the problem. They said it would be covered until the van had 60K miles. (ours had 56K). We had it replaced Tuesday.

I don't drive it much, but we took a highway trip up to the mountains to go hang gliding, and man, did it vibrate at highway speeds. It felt like a big 4 cylinder diesel with no balance shafts. We're going out of town for Thanksgiving, I sure hope that fixed it because I'm not going to get a chance to drive it on the highway between now and when we leave.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is the basic warranty until 50 or 60K? My service adviser said he thought it was only 50k but wasn't sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts