Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Got a call from my dealer.....Need help fast!

977 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Man314 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just got a call from my Dealer. My MB EX-L RES is in. But, I am faced with a dilemma. With the current state of the economy, is it prudent to go in for a big-ticket item? secondly, with the recent downturn in the economy, have the Odyssey prices softened at all? When I booked my Ody, it was at MSRP. Are folks beginning to see prices fall below MSRP now? Need a quick reply.... need to make a decision today. TIA.

#2 ·
I think only you can answer the question about whether now is the time to buy a big-ticket item. In danger of being laid off? As far as softening of prices, I saw an item on the news where vehicle sales are actually up from a year ago. I think the demand will stay up, although Honda may do better next year on increasing production to meet that demand. It sounds to me like a deal at MSRP is still about all most of us could expect.

#3 ·
Don,
Only you can make the decision on whether to purchase a "big ticket" item. I'd say that if you could afford it before Sept 11th, then you should be able to afford it now. The economy has softened, but I believe it will rebound. The one sure way to crash the economy is if everyone litterally stopped spending.

As far as getting a better price on an Ody now? Don't count on it. MSRP w/out dealer add ons is a pretty good deal. Good luck & let us know what you decided!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.