Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this 05 Ody EX-L RES with 102k miles last two weeks ago.

When I start driving the Ody, everything sound and drive normal. But once you drive on the highway and reach speed around 65 mph or so, then come to a stop. Then when I begin to accelerate, the van feel sudden jumping from the front tire like the wheel are coming off. But after couple of seconds then the van drives like normal again. Anyone have this problem before, I was just wondering because this is my first time owning a Ody van.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well if you are not getting "low traction" type light from that system kicking in (needed or not) check over basic things like wheel lug nuts. If you have a dealer warranty for a few weeks make sure you document it at minimum, I'd look at having them check it out. Could possibly be a torque converter on the transmission system giving a problem. If that's what it is, you want to have them pay for it!

·
Registered
193 Posts
My guess is the wheel speed sensors not working right and causing the traction control to activate.

No Honda experience but these sensors are exposed to a harsh environment and can get dirty or damaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts