Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy, did I luck out!!!!! Walked into the dealership on Saturday to check out pricing. They had a GG that had just come in (still had plastic on the seats). The person who had ordered it, reneged on the deal. Got it for MSRP plus $300 for Fog lights and a cargo box!!!! brought it home today!!!!! Thanks everybody for all the commentary. It helped make my purchasing decision so much easier. By the way, I would recommend Dix Honda in State College to anyone. The salesman Craig was extremely polite, did not pressure me for any accessories or warranty.
When i came in to pick up the minivan, he spent over an hour going over everything in the Odyssey and how it works. The finance manager got the loan approved even though i don't graduate from school until May and our income is limited. COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
We are also looking at the Granite Green. I have not seen one in person, though. If you take any pictures of the exterior and interior can you e-mail them to me? ([email protected])
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NursePractitionerPa:
Boy, did I luck out!!!!! Walked into the dealership on Saturday to check out pricing. They had a GG that had just come in (still had plastic on the seats). The person who had ordered it, reneged on the deal. Got it for MSRP plus $300 for Fog lights and a cargo box!!!! brought it home today!!!!! Thanks everybody for all the commentary. It helped make my purchasing decision so much easier. By the way, I would recommend Dix Honda in State College to anyone. The salesman Craig was extremely polite, did not pressure me for any accessories or warranty.
When i came in to pick up the minivan, he spent over an hour going over everything in the Odyssey and how it works. The finance manager got the loan approved even though i don't graduate from school until May and our income is limited. COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!
</font>
Congratulations, that sounds like a sweet deal you made! Enjoy your Ody!

Maugham
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by scmc75:
We are also looking at the Granite Green. I have not seen one in person, though. If you take any pictures of the exterior and interior can you e-mail them to me? ([email protected])</font>
What??? That's the most common color around here, and it's been around since '99! Well if you can wait 'til November, mine will be in Orlando (WDW) for the fifth time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Isn't the granite green a fairly new color? I have seen a lot of dark green (Evergreen Pearl) Ody's but I cannot say that I have seen a Granite Green one on the road in Orlando.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Congratulations on the new Ody. We've had our 02 GG EXL for 3 months. I still look forward to getting behind the wheel. We took it on our first trip this past weekend. What a joy to drive on the highway. I was so comfortable behind the wheel. It cruised so nice down the road and it was very quiet. I have the nose mask and cargo tray from the dealer. I purchased the mud guards from Handa and installed them myself. Next up is fog lights and a DVD RES for the kids! Enjoy the Odyssey!

------------------
2002 GG Odyssey EX-L
1988 Ford Escort GT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,187 Posts
scmc75,

just click on the Gallery, there are several pictures of GG Odys there. It is really a gray "with a hint of green" in just the right sunlight, IMHO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 02EXLODY:
I have the nose mask and cargo tray from the dealer. Next up is fog lights and a DVD RES for the kids! Enjoy the Odyssey!

</font>
What did they charge you for installation on the cargo tray?

I assume you mean an aftermarket DVD system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
nwf_snake,

Thanks. It does look a lot like grey. Maybe I have seen some around and just did not notice it. The interior looks like the dash is kind of green but the rest looks grey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
The metallic paint probably gives it it's "greyness" but it depends on lighting conditions, GG is definitely a bit of a chameleon. The fern interior could never be mistaken for grey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobf58:
What did they charge you for installation on the cargo tray?

I assume you mean an aftermarket DVD system?
</font>
I paid dealer cost on the cargo tray. I'd have to double check what that was. Probably the same as Handa. If we are speaking of the same thing there was no installation involved. I just dropped it down into the cargo area in the back. And yes, I want to get an aftermarket DVD RES installed. I went to the dealer to get the oil changed in my 98 Accord. Before I left I had purchased my Odyssey. Actually it was the VIN that I purchased that day. They had two LX's on the lot but I wanted the EXL. Salesman told me he thought they had a GG EXL VIN and that the van would be delivered to the dealer in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later I drove it off the lot. There is a store in my city called "California Soundworks" I need to call them back because he called a guy that says he will be able to ship to them the same unit that Honda installs in the Ody at the factory. If so that's the one I want. I don't want to have one put in the dash. You got more than you asked for in my reply but I thought I'd share my story. Have a great day.


------------------
2002 GG Odyssey EX-L
1988 Ford Escort GT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
I was being kinda tongue-in-cheek about the Cargo tray installation.

On the video, I'm very interested (and I'm sure I'm not alone) in hearing about how you make out with the "same unit that Honda installs".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scmc.....The pics are in the e-mail!!!!!

------------------
2002 EX-GG Fog Lights, Cargo Tray, new baby on the way!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
NursePractitionerPa,

Thanks. I will check my e-mail. Pictures look great. Thanks again.

Steve
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top