Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered from Honda of Lisle on 9/8, got frustrated with their lack of build info, went searching, and found another local dealer (McGrath Honda of St. Charles) sitting on a cancelled order. I gave McGrath my deposit on 10/6 and got it today, 10/18. Both were charging MSRP with no add-ons.

Used the check-list to make sure everything was OK. It was. No visible paint or workmanship defects. RES does not skip. No bad pixels on the screen. The only thing that looked strange was the front passenger arm-rest. It may be be running downhill a little from back to front; I'll check closer over the weekend.

Overall, this van is sweet. Even with four large adults, two children, and a brand new engine, it moved off the line with power to spare. I didn't notice any wind howl, but I haven't added any of my exterior mods yet either. So far, the van is very quiet.

I still have another GG EXL-RES on order at Honda of Lisle in Illinois. It is due sometime later this month or next, but I don't have a build date. Since I will be cancelling the order and possibly fighting for my deposit, I will be willing to pass on contact info for anyone interested in going after it. Just respond to this thread with your e-mail address or e-mail me directly.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jhojni:
Ordered from Honda of Lisle on 9/8, got frustrated with their lack of build info, went searching, and found another local dealer (McGrath Honda of St. Charles) sitting on a cancelled order. </font>
We tried to work with Honda of Lisle but backed off for two reasons:<ul>[*]They asked for a <u>non-refundable</u> deposit and wouldn't back down[*]Their abundant lack of knowledge about the Odyssey[*]The reps willingness to be "creative" with facts[/list]
Maybe Honda would help you get your deposit back from the dealer?

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 07-04-1776).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts