Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back with my 2002..taking into account the new car euphoria, still pretty nice ride. Some areas of fit and finish are not 100%, and the ride was a little "floaty", and I did expect a little more from 240hp. But thats being nit picky. Everything else was as expected or better. There aint a much better sight then an odometer with 4 miles on it. Whole thing went smooooth. Too smooth. (of course I made sure it was all in writing.)
Lets see....Zaino-Cargo mat-leather steering wheel cover-gold emblems-cassette player-mud guards....oh yea, the Ody has finally come home. what did i miss....?
Thanks to all of you for the pointers, advise and atmosphere here that helped me. Used the check list that we have..listened to the sales person tell me 5w-20 not really needed (choked on my diet coke).

Lastly- I was told they have a SS EXL RES due next week with no home!!! Despite the paint fears, this could be a dream come true for someone.. call Tanja at 1877 253 6229 xt108. CleoBay Honda in Killeen, TX. Tell her Jim from Austin sent you for $500 off MSRP. She is internet sales manager and a good egg. Easy on the eyes, too. (Mini van yes, dead, no...)

[This message has been edited by txjim (edited 10-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by txjim (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
239 Posts
txjim,
I thought you have bought from the David McDavid Honda in Houston. I remember you have told us you've got $500 off MSRP with a credit card deposit over the phone. Has McDavid done something wrong to make you change your mind and not deal with them? Are you able to get back your deposit?
Anyway, congratulation on your new Ody. Send us some pictures to see that beauty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lotus-
Yes McDavid was the plan. But I went with Cleo Bay due to quicker build date and a little better deal with a trade I was working. I called Cleo Bay almost on a lark and got lucky. In fact, I even have my deposit still with McDavid if anyone wants to take my place. Just wanted to be sure all was as it was supposed to be. My wife loves it and my 2 yr old screamed when we wldnt let him play in it any longer last nite.

Great fun.. turn on the seat heater when your spouse first drives it and watch the squirming for a few minutes till they catch on. (This was unintentional, but still gave us both a laugh.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by txjim:
lotus-
Yes McDavid was the plan. But I went with Cleo Bay due to quicker build date and a little better deal with a trade I was working. I called Cleo Bay almost on a lark and got lucky. In fact, I even have my deposit still with McDavid if anyone wants to take my place. Just wanted to be sure all was as it was supposed to be. My wife loves it and my 2 yr old screamed when we wldnt let him play in it any longer last nite.

Great fun.. turn on the seat heater when your spouse first drives it and watch the squirming for a few minutes till they catch on. (This was unintentional, but still gave us both a laugh.)
</font>
Congrats on getting your 02 Ody. I also have a deposit at McDavid on a MB EXL for Oct 28 delivery. When was yours supposed to arrive at McDavid?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts