Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered early in July, finally arrived and picked-up last Saturday. My initial impressions:

+ Love the color..looks better than the brochure. Interior color matches well also.

+ Awesome power! Handles very well.

- What's with the cheap antenna? I'd expect a power antenna on a $27,000 vehicle. This one whips around too much at highway speeds. I'll be doing the S2000 mod.

- Wiper stalk and transmission selector too close together. I've already sprayed the windshield a couple times trying to engage the transmission. Probably just need to get used to the placement.

- Dealer experience not favorable. I've been used to dealing with a Lexus dealer for the past 5 years, so maybe I've become spoiled. Honda has a LONG way to go. Odyssey was ready when I arrived, but dealer had not gone through their checklist. I went through mine (from this site...THANKS). Found several grease stains on front seats. Remotes did not work. Turns out they gave me remotes for an Accord. Front floor mat had unraveled stitching.

First 2 items fixed, and new mat on order.

Question for Zaino fans. Dealer (allegedly) applied a coat of wax. Can I Zaino on top of it, or do I need to do something first?

Also, any advice on protecting the cloth seats (Scotchgard, etc?)

------------------
'02 Redrock EX OWNER!

·
Registered
86 Posts
No matter what wax you use, wash with liquid dish washing soap. This will strip old wax, or in your case new wax, and give the new wax a good base.

Zanio also recommends clay bar before starting. I use IBIZ, and did not clay first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts