Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,
well, after reading the boards periodically for about 1 year, i finally got my VIN for my redrock pearl navi - the vin is
2HKRL18712H559326, per my dealer today. he claims the van was built and shipped yesterday, 2/12. it needs to go to freehold, new jersey. i know there is some decoding of the vin numbers someplace (one letter means canada, one us) - any info, especially tracking would be appreciated. I ordered this thing September 17, and gave a deposit, and told them i wanted a february 1 delivery - and that i would not accept it after February 20 (need it for a wedding trip, etc.) - don't know if we're going to get it by the wedding...fortunatly, it's not my wedding!
again, any help with tracking, and vin decoding would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Looks like it is a Canadian manufactured EXL-NAV. Hopefully, that is what you ordered!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
A search on the term "VIN" plus some digging through a couple of messages yields:

http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000205.html
</font>
thanks for the reply - i followed your quote, and was going to reply i found a better definition of the VIN, etc. - then i redid my search to find the author of the excellent piece...and it was you!!!!!!!!
here it is, cut, pasted, and laid out - because it's "THAT" good

I was looking at the wrong page of the "Honda Service Manual."

For the initial number, 2=Canada and 5=USA. The "H" is listed as the Onatario Plant, not Honda ("B" is for the new plant in Lincoln, Alabama, USA).

For the 2002 Model year, the VIN is described on page 1-5 of the Manual:

In the format AAA BBB C D E F G HHHHHH

AAA is the Mfgr, Make, and type of vehicle. "2HJ" and "2HK" are made in Canada and "5FN" is made in Alabama
BBB is the Line, body, and engine type, and equals "RL1."
C is the body and trans type, equal to "8."
D is the Vehicle Grade (Series):
US Model
0: EXL-RES
1: VAN
5: LX
6: EX
7: EXL-NAV
9: EXL
Canada Model
5: LX
6: EX
9: EXL
E is the check digit
F "2" denotes model year 2002
G is the factory code, where "H" is Ontario, Canada, and "B" is Lincoln, Alabam, USA.
HHHHHH is the serial number, where "500001-" is a US Model and "000001-": is a Canada model
Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L due 10/17
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ '01 White Laces

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 09-28-2001).]

personally, i think it ought to go in a separate tools section of the board, or something to that effect....thanks again!
Gary
p.s. now if only i could track this canadian bugger!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts