Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the rear tailgate trim piece and side view mirrors painted body color. This is the Touring Elite should have come from the factory.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Wow! Very nice.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks, you know how we do it ... competition for a great looking Odyssey is very stiff in Daly City.

wow!! that van ROOOOOCKS!!!:cool::D
looks nice on dark cherry!! isn't it nice IF honda offers this option of matching colors? (BTW, I still think the white van exterior looks great with the black tailgate).. hey since your want your envious neighbor drool over your van, I would suggest check out the leather of Leather Interiors | Car Leather Upholstery by Katzkin Automotive Leather its way better than the oem leather.. don't take my word for it, check it out. hehe

·
Registered
359 Posts
looks nice, we also have painted mud guards.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You bet, it looks awesome.

To me looking at high rez pics silver was the only color i liked that half
matched the black accoutrements.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Nice, can you get a better picture of the mirrors? Might get this done if the Houston dealer ever get elites in stock. Love the look of the roof rails too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, can you get a better picture of the mirrors? Might get this done if the Houston dealer ever get elites in stock. Love the look of the roof rails too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
To the OP,

It looks great, might have to consider doing this too.
Did you get this painted through Honda or an outside shop?

Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
HONDA,,, PAY ATTENTION..

This is the way the van should come from factory. Its awesome, keep up the good work. Van of the month, you got my vote.

Pat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HONDA,,, PAY ATTENTION..

This is the way the van should come from factory. Its awesome, keep up the good work. Van of the month, you got my vote.

Pat
Thanks, and yes Honda is paying attention.
i work for American Honda, not in sales (thank God).

i did get it done at an outside shop, its a Honda direct repair facility from the company. Honda and or any of its dealers does not have their own body shop. they are normally operated by a second party.

Now guys pay attention, this is how the 2013 TE will look like, except for the painted splash guards and roof rack. ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am not sure if it is really worth spending the money on painting those pieces, the mud guards for sure, but the mirrors/rear tailgate trim/roof rails I think look good black. I happen to like the blacked out trim piece look, especially the mirrors because it blends with the windows and window trim. I do hate the mud guards not being body matched.

I just got my front windows tinted (small front ones also) and now the black mirrors look and blend even better.

With all that being said, your van does look great with those pieces painted.

·
Registered
632 Posts
@Touring Elite, super duper nice. I cant say a word...(translation) "wala akong masabi c")

·
Registered
739 Posts
Those mirrors look great! I have to wonder why Honda chose black instead of body color. I couldn't be to save money since the black mirrors look to be painted black.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Those mirrors look great! I have to wonder why Honda chose black instead of body color. I couldn't be to save money since the black mirrors look to be painted black.
My guess is for it to match the dark look of the windows and window trim. I have a white Ody and I think i would hate my mirrors if they were painted white.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Looks fantastic! Next time we are in Atlanta I think we'll get our spray nozzles painted and the mud flaps. I'm going to leave the mirrors black because our odyssey is white and I think the will be too obvious in white. I'm debating the rear valance, if there is a photoshop artist around who can make it white I'd be real curious to see it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hopefully the body shop did some good clear coat work on the new painted pieces - or you'll be enjoying some flaky chipped paint pieces pretty soon.

It does look pretty good. I think I'd prefer the gloss black over the body color matched trim on my silver TE.

·
Banned
728 Posts
The only thing that would make the van look better would be white replacement lenses on the mirrors with amber bulbs (preferably LED bulbs). The orange lenses clash with the paint colour (would probably clash with any paint colour though) and kind of stick out like a sore thumb. Otherwise, well done!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts