Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L with GPS Navigation. Recently, I was in a 2008 Odyssey EX-L dealer shuttle with Navi which is very similar to the 2007 aside from a few minor exterior costmetic differences. I observed that the navi screen had the time and date displayed on it with an option to turn off the screen in the corner. How can this be configured on the 2007 model? The 2007 displays only the disclaimer screen (which goes away after 30 seconds or so) or the map - no date/time option that I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, the shuttle driver knew very little about the navi system and since it looks virtually identical, I was thinking there must be a way to get this on the 2007 model. I snapped a photo with my phone to demonstrate what I mean. Can this be done? I've updated mine to the latest software and 2011 maps but haven't seen this setting anywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have an 08 Odyssey and I can tell you how it works on my van. Then you can try it on your 07 and see if it's the same.

You can get that clock in one of two ways:

1) If you turn on the van and don't touch anything, your NAV will display the disclaimer screen. If you don't touch anything, it will change to that clock automatically in about 30 secs or so.

2) If you've already OK'd the disclaimer and are in the NAV map or menu screens, you can push the SETUP button on the right edge of the NAV screen. On the Setup menu that shows, if you look at the Display options, there's like Auto, Day, Night, and CLOCK. If you press clock, it will take you to that clock screen as well.

I confirmed both of the above in my van just now. I am not even running the latest DVD... I have 4.61 in it.

Hope this helps!

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
That was a new "feature" from 2008 on and will NOT work in the 2007. I have a 2007 and my BIL has a 2008. The only way to get it on your 2007 is to get a 2008+ Nav unit (under the driver's seat).

Move to the dedicated NAV forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's interesting. They never mention these minor detail changes in any of the documentation and the dealers never seem to know these little changes when you ask. I wonder what else is different in the 08 navi. Sure would be nice if they let us do a software update to improve some of the older features especially given the high price for a navi in the first place. (I've updated the discs each year and it doesn't seem to change much - and the maps and POIs are still out of date.) Anyway, as nice as the Honda Navigation system is, I recently got a Garmin 2460LMT for my Accord and it has some really cool features that I wish I had in the Odyssey navigation system. Even better, Garmin releases software updates to enhance features and functionality and it's $300 instead of $3,000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts