Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently downloaded an updated Version of Gracenote for my 2011 EX-L (RES) but cannot get the disk to be read by the CD Player. I noticed on the Gracenote website that it said not to use a Windows XP burner (use a third party) so I used Roxio to burn the CD. All the proper files are shown on the disk--still unable to get the disk to be installed. Has any one found the trick to getting it work and if so what software did you use to burn the update on a disk?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I burn CD-R and CD-RWs all the time using Roxio and the Honda reads them without any problems.

If I were you, I would just use a USB memory stick (thumb drive) to do the Gracenote update. I did mine that way and it worked like a charm.

;)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Oh, to the OP:

It might sound stupid but:
  • Make sure it is Mode 1: ISO9660, Joliet, or Romeo
  • The burnt CD is inserted into the CD drive, not the RES DVD drive. I've done it a couple of times (it also plays CDs though :stupid:)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I recently downloaded an updated Version of Gracenote for my 2011 EX-L (RES) but cannot get the disk to be read by the CD Player. I noticed on the Gracenote website that it said not to use a Windows XP burner (use a third party) so I used Roxio to burn the CD. All the proper files are shown on the disk--still unable to get the disk to be installed. Has any one found the trick to getting it work and if so what software did you use to burn the update on a disk?
I've dumped a number of albums to the HD via CD and had no problems.

^^ The EX-L only allow updates via CD-ROM
Really! How stupid is that? I'm glad I didn't waste time trying to update via the USB.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Geez, I am totally out of the loop. What is Gracenote?

I googled it and it took me to gracenote.com, which references "smart TV technologies."

Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
687 Posts
^^ The EX-L only allow updates via CD-ROM
Okay you got me there! I just assumed that since there is a USB port in the glovebox that it worked just like the tourings.

So all updates including wallpapers have to be via CD-ROM? That sucks!

:frown:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Okay you got me there! I just assumed that since there is a USB port in the glovebox that it worked just like the tourings.

So all updates including wallpapers have to be via CD-ROM? That sucks!

:frown:
Actually, to be more specific, the Gracenote db for the 2012 EX, and the 2011-2012 EX-L without Navigation system can only be uploaded via CD. The EX-L with Navigation also allows USB uploading, so it has to do with the navigation component I guess.

But now, you can update the wallpaper via USB, go figure :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
dvpatel (The Mod) must be losing his touch! He allowed 10 posts in this thread before moving it to the approporate forum . . . HA HA HA

:D

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
I thought the phrase "CD Player" in the first post was a good section hint :tongue:
It was but I was busy with work and kids and didn't want to think too hard. Don't want to incorrectly move posts either. So, I let this one slide till last night when I had time. ;)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

Not sure if you are still around but for what is worth I'm doing it this weekend and so far is working (it takes like 30 minutes to upload so I haven't been able to drive that long yet)

1. Not that it should matter but I downloaded the files and burn the CD with Fedora Linux and the K3B freeware (ensure files are unzipped as specified in the Gracenote web site)

2. Inserted CD and it automatically started reading it. Ensure that the Setup > CD Library Setup > Update Album Info DB option is selected (and that the DB version is actually newer)

Good luck

·
Registered
131 Posts
"CDs created with the built-in Windows XP CD-burning software cannot be read by the system. You must use a third-party CD-burning program to create the disc."

So does this mean all Windows burning software? I'm using Windows 7 and I don't have a 3rd party CD burning program.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts