Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2019 Odyssey Elite last year and had a pretty decent experience with the sales staff, nice folks, decent deal etc. No trickery or nonsense. I came away feeling pretty good.

What sets this place apart though is the service department. I curbed a corner at about 6 months/7.000 miles and took a gouge out of a sidewall on a tire and could not find the tire at a tire shop anywhere in the area unless I wanted to wait a week so I called Service and they said they could have it the next day so I set the appointment. They had the tire mounted and balanced in about 15 minutes and then washed the car. The price was about $100 less than the two tire shops that could have provided it.

A couple months later I had a question about the radio so stopped in and asked. The service writer came out and showed me what to do and then asked if I wanted a car wash.

Last month I got a recall notice for a third-row area electrical issue and called them for an appointment. They looked me up and said there were a total of 5 recalls or TSB's and asked if I could drop it off since it could take 4 or 5 hours. Since I live pretty far out in the wilderness it wasn't practical so I made an appointment for that Saturday and planned on kicking back in the waiting area for the day. I brought my iPad and a magazine and got comfortable but they finished in under 2 hours. Again they offered a wash (I think they like to keep the porters working...).

I really liked my dealer back in Illinois (Pauly in Libertyville) but these guys are awesome.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If a dealer can beat the price of those 2 tire shops by 100 dollars on 1 tire (Good for the dealer) I would avoid those tire shops in the future and find one you can trust. What were the exact prices?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid about $230 stuffed and mounted from the dealer and the tire shops wanted about $300 to $350 mounted. This is the Turanza EL440, which apparently is a special order around here. One shop said it would take a week and the other was at least 10 days. This was almost a year ago now so I don't know about the current availability. The tire shops were big-name nationwide franchises. I could have ordered it online for about $220 but then would have to pay someone to mount and balance it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts