Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It isn't often that you go to the dealer and receive great news. Actually, I can't remember a time it happened to me. As of yesterday I now have some great news from the dealer! I took the Ody in to have the master cylinder seals recall performed as it hasn't been done yet. When I bought it 2 weeks ago it had almost nothing listed in carfax and I was concerned about no maintenance records.

It just so happens that the dealer (Fuller Honda) I took it to was entering my information into the computer and when he punched in the VIN he told me that it was one of their vehicles. He printed out all the maintenance that had ever been performed on it from original purchase up until the very month it was sold. EVERYTHING has been done on it. All of the "recommended next service" that they put on the bottom of the print out was completed at the next service, even the fuel treatment--who spends 130 bucks at the dealer to do a fuel system cleaning? They even took it to the dealer to have wiper blades changed. If I wasn't comfortable about the purchase before, I am totally happy now. I'll do as much maintenance as possible myself on it, but I'm happy to know at least the maintenance was performed before I bought it!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
That is awesome. When I traded in my last couple cars, I gave the dealer a file containing copies of every repair order or receipt I had for records on the car. The dealer looked at me like I was crazy....but I hope they gave that info to the new owner.

When I bought my RX8, there were a few random receipts in the glovebox, so I found the original owners name and email address. I sent him an email and asked him to call me...which he did right away. Gave me a complete history of the car, and he had nothing but positive things to report. That made my final decsision to buy the car much easier.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That is awesome. When I traded in my last couple cars, I gave the dealer a file containing copies of every repair order or receipt I had for records on the car. The dealer looked at me like I was crazy....but I hope they gave that info to the new owner.

When I bought my RX8, there were a few random receipts in the glovebox, so I found the original owners name and email address. I sent him an email and asked him to call me...which he did right away. Gave me a complete history of the car, and he had nothing but positive things to report. That made my final decsision to buy the car much easier.
haha I just bought an '08 odyssey and a lot of the service receipts were in the glove box along with a speeding ticket, tickets to movies, the previous owner's insurance info. Plus the GPS had their home address, phone number, all their favorite stores, and friends.

I deleted all of that but I found it amusing

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had nine years worth of service records for our '02 Odyssey which I offered the dealer when e sold them the vehicle but they declined. Apparently in Virginia they aren't able to provide to the new owner for privacy reasons. Maybe it's just me but I haven't been able o how the records out yet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts