Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to replace our 2009 Pilot with a 2012 Odyssey and started looking around. I naturally headed to Pauly first since I have bought 5 cars there already and they have really taken care of me. I did go to a few other dealers in the area to do due diligence but no one approached the level of care I have received from Pauly.

They sales guy I had bought my Pilot and my original Odyssey from had moved on, so I met a new saleswoman. I knew what I wanted and the only question was color and price. We quickly agreed on a price since her offer was within $500 of what I thought was fair for the cash difference (the only thing that really matters before financing...),

Now to find the van I wanted. It came down to 1 of two colors, and they had a build date scheduled as of the 10th of October for the Touring Edition I wanted of Oct 17, which meant delivery of between the October 26 and November 2. Since the 1.9% finance rate deal ended on October 31 time was important.

We agreed on the deal, I put $500 down and the offer sheet included the cash difference, the complete down payment and finance rate. We had agreed to install the Remote Start option after delivery as well, but we forgot to include this in the paperwork.

My saleswoman called me several times during the interim and kept me up to date on the notifications from the factory. Last week she called ma and said the truck had just pulled in the lot and my new van was on board. They were able to get it thru dealer prep that afternoon and I picked it up after dinner that night. After 20 minutes of paperwork all was signed, sealed and delivered. It was then I remembered about the remote start and asked about that. We went thru all the paperwork and couldn't find any mention of it, but my sales person recalled our conversation. At this point I wasn't worried about it, I saw I hadn't been charged for it and I could live without it, but she said she would check into it.

The next afternoon she called me back and said she had talked to the dealer GM and they would install the Remote Start option without charge and give me a loaner if they need the van for more than an hour or so. I told them not to worry about the loaner, I could use my wife's car for a day or so.

While we were buying my new Odyssey my wife decided she loved the CR-V, so when the 2012 is available in a couple months we are headed back to replace her Accord...

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Not many post good experiences. Mostly folks come and post their displeasure with a dealership. So, thanks for posting information about a good dealership.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, a week or so ago Susan called to say the 2012 CR-V was in, and now we have that in the garage. (Wife gets the garage, I get the driveway...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts