Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all!

My wife and I finally sucked it up, embraced parenthood to the max, and bought a 2012 Odyssey TE in Polished Metal during the last week of November. It took a bit of patience to find the exact model that we wanted, but it was well worth it. We went from hauling the kids (5 and 3 year olds) in my wife's 2001 Nissan Xterra (it was a pain for my wife to lift the kids up into the back seat) and my 1997 BMW M3 sedan (can we say "cramped?") to Odyssey. What a difference it makes when going on long trips!

We're amazed that it can haul the four of us plus both sets of parents, some duffel bags with 3 days worth of clothes, and still manage to get a combined 25-26 mpg.

So far, we've put 2,400 miles on the van in the past two months without any problems. The only thing I've done to the van was swapping in a more efficient oil filter. One of these days, I'd like to install a remote oil filtering setup that has both full flow and bypass filters.

I'm big on DIY wrenching--I don't like paying people money for things that I can do. Never mind I'm OCD about taking care of my possessions! My buddy and I once swapped in an EFI supercharged Toyota MR2 motor into his carbed Corolla sedan. The actual mechanical swap was easy. It was matching the electrical circuits from the engine harness to the chassis harness that gave me a few more gray hairs!

I lurked on this forum for a few months prior to purchasing the Odyssey and am grateful for all of the real-life information I gleaned from here. I hope to someday return the favor.

Best regards,

Carl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts