Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repeat post? I checked the stickys and I did not see one. I can not get out my ABS sensor out of the Knuckle?
any how to's? any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also is there a way to pull codes on the ABS system? ABS light on i'm thinking its front as i just put in new lower ball joints and i'm sure i buggered one or both up

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
See the attached diagram for ABS Wheel Sensors. One 6mm bolt to attach the sensor.

To retrieve the ABS codes, I believe you need the Honda Diag System or a scanner with ABS code capabilities.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
ABS sensors can be a real bear to remove due to the corrosion that can happen in the sensor bore. I physically destroyed the last one that I removed (the coil was open-circuit so it didn't matter) due to corrosion holding it in place. YMMV

Apply a rust penetrant, wait, and then try to get the sensor to twist or move even the slightest bit. Repeat this action as more penetrant is added, and eventually it should come out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wrote up a procedure to pull the ABS codes for the 99-01 MY Odyssey. Not sure what year your vehicle is but the procedure my work. Lots of luck, Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts