Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
While I haven't had the misfortune of experiencing this failure, I can't really say I didn't expect it. These jack stands haven't really instilled the most confidence when I have used them and I've generally thrown a wheel and the jack under the car. I'll definitely continue that with whatever jack stands I use in the future too seeing this

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I have 4 of them, the red ones. Not sure the exact item or not. Need to check it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mr. Ranger,

Thanks for posting that. I received a set of the 3 ton stands for Christmas....

Since I'm writing to you now, quick question. I have a 2006 LX. Working on the engine and the heads are off. I just noticed that the cylinder head bolt holes closest to cylinders, 1,3,4 and 6 are not as deep as the others? These are at the top corner of each cylinder head face on the block. I was cleaning out some oil in the bottom of the holes and noticed they're shorter. Just curious why. The bolts came out clean and didn't break. Appreciate your thoughts, thanks!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since I'm writing to you now, quick question. I have a 2006 LX. Working on the engine and the heads are off. I just noticed that the cylinder head bolt holes closest to cylinders, 1,3,4 and 6 are not as deep as the others? These are at the top corner of each cylinder head face on the block. I was cleaning out some oil in the bottom of the holes and noticed they're shorter. Just curious why. The bolts came out clean and didn't break. Appreciate your thoughts, thanks!
That should be normal. Make sure the bolts are same length.
I would just replace the headbolts.

@John Clark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts