Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way to hard wire an accessory unit (like a DVD) into the standard stereo unit that comes with the EX-L Nav?

The wife and I spent many moons debating over whether to get the Oddy with factory DVD and install a Nav aftermarket... or to get the Oddy with Nav and get the DVD installed aftermarket. Our dealer convinced us that the way to go was getting the factory Nav and then isntalling an aftermarket DVD (they had done 'lots' of these). So we got the factory Nav and went aftermarket (through the dealer) for the DVD.

We are totally ecstatic about the DVD system and especially the screen (10")... it definitely blocks your view though. In any case, the problem we're having is that the DVD system is using a transmitter type deal that we tune into on the stereo to listen to the movies. I'm okay with that, but we're getting engine noise (a high pitched whine). The guy's tried fixing it once, and although it's better it's still there.

So like I wrote above, is there a way to get some type of auxiliary input in the OEM stereos so I can rid myself of this transmitter junk? Do I have to throw away my OEM stereo and go aftermarket to get that functionality? Ideas?

Thanks.

------------------
2002 EX-L Nav w/ Aftermarket DVD System

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Search in the Audio, Video, Nav section. There are many posts on different ways to hook in entertainment systems to the stock stereo or speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts