Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why it seems to me the car seems to have a tougher time starting in cold and or rainny days (after say an overnite / extended parking)? Could it be the 'battery'? or something else?Does anyone know why it seems to me the car seems to have a tougher time starting in cold and or rainny days (after say an overnite / extended parking)? Could it be the 'battery'? or something else?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thats normal for most vehicles. Especially since the oil will be thicker on cold days than it is on warm days. Also, the battery will lose power with temperature and when it gets down in the temps its going to take longer to start. Though, with the ody, it just might be your battery. Many here have replaced their Honda batteries in just a few short years. It's possible that yours is on its way out.

Also, how much longer is it taking to start? Are we talking 1 second start now takes 15 or 3 seconds?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's been sitting under cold (around 30s) and or under heavy rain, vehicle seems to have a tougher time to start. sometimes it needed 2 - 3 cranks before it started..and say about 4-5 seconds each (it should be like 1 second or so for the crank to start the engine). The ody I have is an 02 and in original spark plug wires. Why do we need to change spark plug wires? I think it's still using original spark plugs too....it has 120k miles so far. timing belt and water pump's been changed. battery was changed 2yrs ago.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Spark plugs were due at 105K miles. Change with OEM NGK Platinums. Amazon seems to have low prices.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Why do we need to change spark plug wires?
Well sometimes when they get old they get dry and crack. Which can cause them to short out and if it rains, the moisture can get in there which makes it hard to start.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
The Ody has coil-on-plug technology which eliminates spark plug wires. The signal wires from the computer to the coils run at low voltage and is not likely to arc.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
The Ody has coil-on-plug technology which eliminates spark plug wires. The signal wires from the computer to the coils run at low voltage and is not likely to arc.
Oh sorry. I forgot about those. For some reason I was thinking of my truck which I replaced the wires a couple of months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts