Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that some of you have bought one, but for those who haven't (or have one on order), have you seen this color yet. I keep looking for one on the road and I'll drive by the local Honda dealers...but to no avail! I've only seen it in the brochure---what about you?

·
Registered
196 Posts
We have one. There is another one in town (small town) that we pass almost every day.
You can view a few of our pics below if you like.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

P

·
0 Posts
I saw a RP EX at the Anaheim Auto Show a few weeks ago. I really liked it. It's almost sort of a medium crimson color. And I realized that I have some track pants that are the exact same color!

If I remember correctly, the brochure has a slightly darker 'color chip'. But the picture with the red Ody on the bridge is somewhat close.

I still have yet to see a 2002 on the road.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I love red cars. I wanted one but the dealer told me it might be Jan 02 before they got one end so I settled for SS for my EXL. I like it and the paint turned out excellent.
I like the Chrysler dark red vans but not enough to swap my Ody.

·
Registered
23 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hondaboy:
I know that some of you have bought one, but for those who haven't (or have one on order), have you seen this color yet. I keep looking for one on the road and I'll drive by the local Honda dealers...but to no avail! I've only seen it in the brochure---what about you?</font>

Funny you mention it, but we just saw our first RRP (other than ours
) just yesterday here in Austin. He even parked next to us at the Schlotzkys (was that someone here ?).
@nbsp;

I've been seeing more and more '02s on the road now.
@nbsp;

The only negative of RRP is that it's a different kind of red than the MR2 and the VFR (motorcycle), but still gorgeous non the less.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
RP is definitely one of those colors that is greatly affected by ambient lighting.

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/rody2rk">See ours</a> and notice the variation in color between time of day, clouds, etc..

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces

·
Registered
15 Posts
It seems that other manufacturers have a similar color. I wonder how fast this will fade if at all. I've seen fading on most all red colors. Will this be any different?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Maugham is so right about the lighting-our RRP Ody looks maroon in low light, much more red in sunlight. Beautiful color, but I have to say that our '96 Windstar's metallic red is even nicer (gasp!) Yes, it's true-the Windstar is "more red" and is gorgeous. Maybe I'll take a pic of the two nose and post on the minivan comparison forum

Lars-FWIW, our red Windstar has not faded at all. Looks great after a recent detailing-of course that's Ford paint, who knows how well the Ody will hold up?

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems, 17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires (Some installed, some in the garage, some on the way!)
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts