Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reposting a question I started the other day-- any insight would be most helpful.

Our 150-mile-old Ody wouldn't drive after a semi-quick stop to a red light; into the stop, the brakes had rattled toward the stop and the brake light went on. We turned it off and tried to restart; it restarted but then the engine stopped when it was put into drive. We towed it to the nearest dealer but there it worked fine and continues to do so.

We're expecting this van to take me to the hospital when I go into labor, any day now. Help! We're not sure what to even check. The dealer we bought it from said they don't expect to find anything if it's running well now.

Thank you all. This is a great forum. Even with problems with the van, it's great to have the company here.

[This message has been edited by tamisaac (edited 11-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by tamisaac (edited 11-19-2001).]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you have anything besides keys on your key ring ?? Sometimes the ignition wiil get confused if there's any heavy metal on your ring.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine turned over and caught, but then stopped when trying to drive. Would the keyring affect that?

·
Registered
192 Posts
The on-board computer should have recorded the event. Did your dealer run a diagnostic test on the van? It should reveal any error codes or default events.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think there is problem with main PGM-FI relay. It is giving up electrical power to all engine system. Also check the battery
connection and all ground connections.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just remember Honda uses a transponder key with there systems. If you have another vehicle that has a transponder key. I know it will interfere with starting with your vehicle. I work for a Mitsubishi dealership. And I have had this prolbem happen to one of my customers. And He wouldn't beleve me. Until I removed the other key I vehicle ran fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts