Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like everyone who's seen them is somewhere on the east coast, and us Californians are peeing in our pants in anticipation! I still haven't seen any. I think it'd be fun to go check one out this weekend if possible (nuts, my brother's 3rd b-day party is Saturday!). But anyway, I WANT MY VAN!!! (would've really come in handy today too!).

Gonna have my step dad harass a VIN out of the dealer tomorrow. We're first on the list and they're VERY uninformative!

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
564 Posts
The owner of my local dealership here in North CA is expecting his personal EXL-NAV to show up next week. I'll get to drive it at that point.

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me."
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 Volvo V70 T5, white/graphite

·
Registered
478 Posts
I know what you mean Michelle! My dealer has no VIN or nothin'...just keeps saying "you're first on the list". I think he's getting tired of me bugging him
I'm trying to be patient!

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been asking around the local dealers in the orange county area, and i got a call that said that next week they should have some in. one salesman is looking into seeing if he can give me the models and aty that are coming in. a funny thing is that of the three dealerships i went to, they are not taking deposits. they claim first come first serve, and that the sell price will be msrp. FYI norm reeves honda in cerritos has brochures.

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
It looks like everyone who's seen them is somewhere on the east coast, and us Californians are peeing in our pants in anticipation! I still haven't seen any. I think it'd be fun to go check one out this weekend if possible (nuts, my brother's 3rd b-day party is Saturday!). But anyway, I WANT MY VAN!!! (would've really come in handy today too!).

Gonna have my step dad harass a VIN out of the dealer tomorrow. We're first on the list and they're VERY uninformative!

Michelle

</font>
I am getting my 2002 SS EXL Nav from Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano as you are, and my salesman said the the build date is 9/10. He actually said 9/9 however that is a Sunday so I figured that it might be the 10th. If that is true, it should be here sometime in the latter part of Sept. We are also getting anxious, as we put our deposit down on 6/18.

I agree, they don't seem to be very informed. I don't think that they can give you a VIN until the unit is built.

------------------

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by poodleluvr:

Michelle

[/QUOT

I haven't seen one yet, but I finally picked up the brochure yesterday. When I asked the salesman when he expected some to come in, he said either Friday or Saturday. He promised me to give me a call when they come in so I can check it out.

BTW, Are we in the Bay Area still being gouged? I can't find a place that will sell the '02 for me for anything less than $1000 over MSRP. Anyone out there get a better deal within the Bay Area?

thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got a call from our internet sales manager who said a white EX with leather just came on the truck this morning. We weren't looking for a leather model however but we have until the end of the day to decide. I guess the 2002's are finally here on the west coast! David in Tracy,CA

------------------
2001 Tafetta White EX

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you're willing to travel one mile out of the official Bay Area, you can buy one in Davis, CA for MSRP. University Honda. It's where mine is ordered. But then, I actually live in Davis, so it's pretty convenient for me.

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me."
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 Volvo V70 T5, white/graphite

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a call from the Honda dealer in Bakersfield California. They said they have 2 EX's on the lot - mesa beige and granite green. He didn't say whether they were selling at a premium.

·
Registered
78 Posts
just got a call from a San Diego dealer who just got a truckload. I'm going down in 1 hr to check-em out. I'll bring my camera!

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lifer:
just got a call from a San Diego dealer who just got a truckload. I'm going down in 1 hr to check-em out. I'll bring my camera!

</font>
Which dealer in SD??? How exciting!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
odgirlin,

It's Cush.
</font>
Hey Darrell,

I also order from University Honda. Did they try to push the Beauty Seal Package as part of the deal and how did you get them to not put that on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by darelldd:
If you're willing to travel one mile out of the official Bay Area, you can buy one in Davis, CA for MSRP. University Honda. It's where mine is ordered. But then, I actually live in Davis, so it's pretty convenient for me.

- Darell

Darell -

Thanks for the info. Actually, I'm an Aggie alum, so I am very familiar with the area. Although, it has been a few years since I've graduated and thus been back there. I think the last time I was up there was back for a picnic day a few years back. It might be well worth the huor and a half drive to save $1000. Anyways, thanks for the info, I might give them a call. is the dealership still on Mace Blvd.?

- Dave

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Might go down to Cush this weekend just to check it out...

(we don't like their *personality*, so we'll just ask for a test drive lol!).

Michelle

------------------

• 1987 Blue Civic Sedan

·
Registered
78 Posts
odgirlin & poodleluvr,

It's Cush in SD. My order is with a dealer outside SD (at MSRP), but I wanted to see the van. Cush sells for +$1500... no thanks.

I shot some digital pictures, mostly comparing the Dark Emerald Pearl with the new Evergreen. I just called to change our order from Evergreen to GG. I'll post the comparison pics and other pics in a bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
odgirlin & poodleluvr,

It's Cush in SD. My order is with a dealer outside SD (at MSRP), but I wanted to see the van. Cush sells for +$1500... no thanks.

I shot some digital pictures, mostly comparing the Dark Emerald Pearl with the new Evergreen. I just called to change our order from Evergreen to GG. I'll post the comparison pics and other pics in a bit.
</font>
My MSRP deal is also outside of SD. I found one SD dealer that would do MSRP but then I'd have to wait 90 days! My approx delivery date is at the end of September.

Soooo...how was it up close and personal?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, I want pictures!

Michelle

------------------

• 1987 Blue Civic Sedan

·
Registered
78 Posts
odgirlin & poodleluvr...

Boy, we're all glued to this forum right now!

It felt good, real good. See my other post under "First Test Drive".

I'll have pics posted after I get home (cable for camera is there).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts