Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see you can still buy OEM carpet from the dealers. However, I've only found one person on the net asking about doing this. I imagine it would be pretty involved, taking off lots of molding pieces in the process and removing all of the seats.

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Carpet replacement, especially with OEM material, is not at all difficult.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did a carpet replacement on a Saab that I owned and its actually rather easy. Not glued on or anything, just mold fit over the area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced the entire carpet from the behind the front seat all the way to the back. Got a carpet and all the trim pieces on e-bay for 250 bucks. it was from a 2010 Ody. Mine is a 2005. Took me about 4 hours, but I spent 1 of the hours trying to get the back seats removed. If I read how to do that first, I could have finished in 3. Just need patience when taking off the press in clips. Break those and you might be out of luck. A lot simpler than I though it would be.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is there a thread with directions especially the rear seat clips? Any link to buying the carpet as well? Our carpet has seen better days, and I think switching it out to jet black would look sharp with the olive seats.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking the same. Upgrading the carpets to black would look cool. I already bought the olive carpet from Bernardi parts. I also bought the kickboards for the left and right sliding door. THey are an easy pop off and replace. The rubber weatherstripping was pealing off and looked horrible. Those were an easy replacement. I've got to tackle the carpet sometime this week. Will let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Sounds easy enough. A nice shag would look great.
I was hoping for tightly woven Berber with a StainMaster warranty.... ;) :D :coolio: Mauve or chartreuse throw pillows would be a nice touch as well.

Seriously, with 4 kids, I need to do this...my carpets look like war. There's only so many cans of Spot Shot carpet cleaner you can use over the years before getting high from the fumes becomes a serious concern.

OF

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just took out my old carpet in the back of the van and installed a new one tonight. See pics:
Old Carpet - Note the new kick boards on the side. I replaced those too. Much cleaner look.
IMG_0465.jpg
Removing back seats
IMG_0464.jpg
Back seats removed
IMG_0466.jpg
Carpet removed
IMG_0467.jpg
Carpet removed
IMG_0468.jpg

The biggest pain point was trying to figure out how to remove the rear side panels to get the carpet removed. It clips in on the back sides with a plastic grommet.

The key is to unscrew the little plastic screws that hold the back panels. I thought they were places to secure a net but they are actually screws.

I'll post pictures of the new carpets installed in the morning. it was dark by the time I finished.

Total time took me 2 hours.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Router, did you think of adding any sound deadner before putting the new carpet in? If I were going to do all that I would take the opportunity to try and make it a little quieter in there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Router. Getting ready to order new carpet for 04 odyssey. Where did you get yours? Did it fit well? Did you upgrade the pad, I see some say if you don't the carpet doesn't fit as well. I couldn't find your completed pics but sounds like you were happy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Router. Getting ready to order new carpet for 04 odyssey. Where did you get yours? Did it fit well? Did you upgrade the pad, I see some say if you don't the carpet doesn't fit as well. I couldn't find your completed pics but sounds like you were happy
Routertyty and Safekidstc, Hello. I have a 2008 EX-L Odyssey where I'd like to replace the carpet and, like Safekidsetc, I am also interested to know where new carpets (not just mats) are best sourced. Also, like Safekidstc, I do not see completed pics but the removal process notes from Routertyty are helpful. If anyone has more to share on this it would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Routertyty and Safekidstc, Hello. I have a 2008 EX-L Odyssey where I'd like to replace the carpet and, like Safekidsetc, I am also interested to know where new carpets (not just mats) are best sourced. Also, like Safekidstc, I do not see completed pics but the removal process notes from Routertyty are helpful. If anyone has more to share on this it would be appreciated. Thank you.
Check www.hondapartsnow.com or www.g1parts.com all Genuine Honda parts from dealers at a lower price. I find that G1 is usually a bit cheaper and has free shipping on orders over $200.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
can you please tell me where you got the replacement carpet?
i would like to get replacement carpet for my 2005 odessey. Please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to find replacement carpet for my 2006 Odyssey. I don't want to make three different purchases. Who knows where I can find carpeting for this year? Any help would be great. Also, instructions on how to replace the carpet would be useful.

·
Registered
12,931 Posts
Seeking help on installation and cleaning the carpet, recently used upholstery cleaning la for carpet cleaning. They did great job but they are far away from me so is there anyone who can suggest some names for me here.
Oh, give me a break. You post 5 useless posts in a matter of just a few minutes, just so you can post a link and then claim to be looking for someone to clean your carpet? You're a spammer. Go spam somewhere else. Nobody click on the link and if you're in the LA area don't use this carpet cleaner.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts