Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering whether anyone has used the Lemon Law to achieve a buyback of their Odyssey. If so, what was the problem that could not be corrected, and how difficult was the entire process?

As per my messages in the 2011+ Odyssey thread, I have been having recurring problems with the Low Battery Warning indicator that, thus far, cannot be fixed. I will be taking it back to the dealer this week.

While I am a big fan of the 2011 Odyssey, I am more than annoyed and concerned that this problem will not be fixed.

Thus my interest in whether you've utilized the Lemon Law to achieve a buyback. (And also, whether you used an attorney to accomplish the buyback.)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
755 Posts
i would just simply ask for either a battery replacement, or

resetting the battery low indicating system, or both first, and see

how the car goes from there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lemon Law

from what I've heard, you need to document 3 separate incidences where the same issue is reoccurring.

I have had that battery light come on when I picked up the 11 elite, but I've only seen it once since.

I think the van draws alot out of the battery w/all the automatic doors.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Two personal examples:

My father has been through the process, with a 1992 Jeep. It is neither common, nor easy to prove a replacement is required. And be prepared for a long drawn out ordeal. They had electrical trouble, engine trouble, and even a transmission replaced. It was in the shop more than they had a chance to drive it. This went on for almost a year.

I bought a Honda ATV in 2006 with a bent frame AND sub frame. Who knows how it happen. But I didnt notice it until my first ride. The machine was brand new, not a scratch on it, but I had put on 15 miles. Honda would not replace the machine, they opted to tear down my entire ATV and replace the frame and sub over a period of 4 weeks at my local dealer. My dealer was wonderful...but Honda should have replaced my machine and not put me through such trouble.

Though I still love Honda and all their products, I will continue to share my ATV story when topics like this arise.

I can tell you right now, a light that wont go off on the dash is no where near what you need to prove a lemon and a replacement is required. Dont even mention a replacement...it will only anger the dealer and Honda.

Just keep working with them, STAY VERY NICE AT ALL TIMES, but dont let up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
battery low indicator light

I've experienced it happening 2x's this morning. IRONICALLY after posting my 1st message on the forum. Nevertheless, I took it into the dealer. They tested the battery. It's good, strong battery. I'm not sure why the indicator light came on, but I'll keep an eye on it. If it acts up, I will have to take it in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After numerous issues starting at 2500 miles, struts replaced twice, steering column twice, and wanted to do a third one, steering gearbox assy, replaced rack and pinion, transmission issue, XM radio crashed and replaced entire XM unit, front rotors warped, brake hardware cracking and popping. Finally with 17,450 miles on my 2011 EXL I called our Honda dealership and told them I wanted to pursue the Lemon Law. They said it was a very long and drawn out process with no guarantees and said that they wanted to take care of me as a customer, and asked me to give them an opportunity to take care of the problem. They had me come in within an hour, and had a new 2012 EXL waiting. Later in the afternoon I received a call from one of the managers and he told me they would give me $29,915 for my 2011, and charge me $32,250 for the 2012. The first two 2012's had paint and body issues, dimples in paint on rear bumper and body panel mis-alignments. The second one had hail damage and rear bumper paint issues also. They brought in another van from another dealership and it looked perfect. Drove the van and all was well. Did the deal with no strings attached and they apologized for the inconvenience. The following afternoon I was driving down our street and ran over a very minor bump ( in the new van) and it sounded like something was going to fall out from under the right rear. The van had 153 miles on it. Took it in and they diagnosed it as a defective rear control arm. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I owned a 2003 and a 2005 Odyssey which were great vehicles with no problems. What has happened to Honda quality?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
After numerous issues starting at 2500 miles, struts replaced twice, steering column twice, and wanted to do a third one, steering gearbox assy, replaced rack and pinion, transmission issue, XM radio crashed and replaced entire XM unit, front rotors warped, brake hardware cracking and popping. Finally with 17,450 miles on my 2011 EXL I called our Honda dealership and told them I wanted to pursue the Lemon Law. They said it was a very long and drawn out process with no guarantees and said that they wanted to take care of me as a customer, and asked me to give them an opportunity to take care of the problem. They had me come in within an hour, and had a new 2012 EXL waiting. Later in the afternoon I received a call from one of the managers and he told me they would give me $29,915 for my 2011, and charge me $32,250 for the 2012. The first two 2012's had paint and body issues, dimples in paint on rear bumper and body panel mis-alignments. The second one had hail damage and rear bumper paint issues also. They brought in another van from another dealership and it looked perfect. Drove the van and all was well. Did the deal with no strings attached and they apologized for the inconvenience. The following afternoon I was driving down our street and ran over a very minor bump ( in the new van) and it sounded like something was going to fall out from under the right rear. The van had 153 miles on it. Took it in and they diagnosed it as a defective rear control arm. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I owned a 2003 and a 2005 Odyssey which were great vehicles with no problems. What has happened to Honda quality?
So I should stay away from that 2011 for sale at Germain? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts