Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
After numerous issues starting at 2500 miles, struts replaced twice, steering column twice, and wanted to do a third one, steering gearbox assy, replaced rack and pinion, transmission issue, XM radio crashed and replaced entire XM unit, front rotors warped, brake hardware cracking and popping. Finally with 17,450 miles on my 2011 EXL I called our Honda dealership and told them I wanted to pursue the Lemon Law. They said it was a very long and drawn out process with no guarantees and said that they wanted to take care of me as a customer, and asked me to give them an opportunity to take care of the problem. They had me come in within an hour, and had a new 2012 EXL waiting. Later in the afternoon I received a call from one of the managers and he told me they would give me $29,915 for my 2011, and charge me $32,250 for the 2012. The first two 2012's had paint and body issues, dimples in paint on rear bumper and body panel mis-alignments. The second one had hail damage and rear bumper paint issues also. They brought in another van from another dealership and it looked perfect. Drove the van and all was well. Did the deal with no strings attached and they apologized for the inconvenience. The following afternoon I was driving down our street and ran over a very minor bump ( in the new van) and it sounded like something was going to fall out from under the right rear. The van had 153 miles on it. Took it in and they diagnosed it as a defective rear control arm. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I owned a 2003 and a 2005 Odyssey which were great vehicles with no problems. What has happened to Honda quality?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.